POC 26th Jan

chorley

Reaction score
Anybody else attending this date??

Also are there any other officers in the Lancashire area?? As it would be helpful to train together.

AlexT

Reaction score
Im waiting to pass my second medical currently and then doing my POC hopefully around Easter time and im at Lancaster Uni, where in Lancashire are you?

Tom

Reaction score
*text deleted* Im on that, looking forward to it now. Just working on my Lecturrette now! How old are you all? Being nosy as Im 17 and don't want to be the only child *text deleted*

Reaction score
that lecturette is annoying me, i've come up with a few ideas but nothing that i think would be interesting, i dont want people falling asleep on me!

Lloydy101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What are your Lecturrettes on?

The subject is "You" isnt it?

Cheers

Tom

Reaction score
*text deleted* it's "you" which isn't that specific so it gives us scope to cover anything weve done or are intrested in. Im still working on it now, *text deleted* talk about a life experience or something I believe in, I doubt they will mind as long as its intresting and not too boring to listen too. Hows everyones training going?

Greenlees

Reaction score
I did a POC on the 8th of December, so feel free to PM me any questions you have about any aspect of the course.

Here is a BIG hint: On tuesday eat the *hot* pasta lunch and drink a *hot* drink. I know it sounds obvious but we only got 20 minutes for lunch so I opted to scoff my own food (a load of sandwiches, jaffa cakes, wraps etc). In winter you NEED the hot food and drink to keep you going, and I found my body physically shutting down with the cold. You will be doing most of the endurance course soaking wet and caked in mud, so when that wind starts blowing it will sap the warmth from your body and your legs will seize up.

Tom

Reaction score
*text deleted* ok il keep that in mind, not looking forward to the low temperatures we are bound to have.

Iago

Reaction score
December POC was bad enough, or in the words of colours, 'a bit cheeky', so I can only imagine the fun you'll have in Jan!

Good advice there from Greenlees - can't stress enough how beneficial it is to cram as much food into yourself as you can from Saturday - Tuesday. As I was told at numerous points, 'even if you throw it up, you'll keep some of it down'.

Good luck fellas!

thegun

Reaction score
just dig out, if your still moving your *text deleted* keep warm and you will almost certainly get cramp on the endurance course (unless your some kind of ninja), stretch it out and then carry on running. ive run that course with full weight and weapon within 70 minutes and it werent as hard as when i did it on poc!
oh and win every competitive task on the bottom field, thus you get less corrective punishment, preserving that vital energy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NO.SF&G POC 26th-29th May 2019 POC Section 7
T POC 24th-26th May 2010 Potential Officers Course Dates 45
C POC 26th May? POC Section 36