POC dates, anyone on 2nd june???

LAS920

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just got my dates today, looknig at POC on the 2nd june!

Anybody else on this?

Cool Hand Luke

Reaction score
Was told I'd recieve my date sometime this week mate, so I might be around that time, are you looking at making the 08 batch yeh?

LAS920

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yes mate just got to make sure I smash th POC and AIB. Which isnt going to be easy!

Cool Hand Luke

Reaction score
Well the best of luck to you mate.

Have you prepared much for AIB yet or are you mainly focusing on POC?

LAS920

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm preparing for both really mate, mostly preparing to prepare for the AIB though as I'm just finishing my disseratation at uni, which is taking much of my time up. However, I've mapped all conflicts form c.1600 to current day on a wall map, and i'm reading a number of books about the History of the Marines and its structure, and the Navy.

SJ55

Reaction score
Hey Lee,

I'll be joining you on this date! Got my info in the post yesterday.

Hows your training going?

Steve

LAS920

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello mate, its going well thanks, what about yourself? What kind of schedule you following? You nervous???

SJ55

Reaction score
My training ain't going too bad. I haven't been running for 2 weeks though *text deleted* I strained my hamstring and have been having a bit of Physio. But I've been keeping everything else up and hope to get back out running on Sunday! My Weekly Schedule is like this:

Monday:Body Weight Circuits (based on the get fit to apply circuits - Doing a high number of reps on everything now)

Tuesday:15k-20k Cycling (Part of spin class, always working harder than instructed + bonus of some decent birds!!)

Wednesday:4 mile Run (adding 0.5 mile every week but replaced with 6mile row at the moment due to strained leg)

Thursday:Boxing Circuits

Friday:1600m swim (Increasing distance every week)

Saturday:REST

Sunday:Morning - Practice RMFA, Body Weight Circuits Afternoon - 4 mile Run (Replaced with Row again)

And I pretty much do my pull ups whenever I walk in and out of my room and my best effort so far is 11.

Any thoughts you have on that?

I'm kind of nervous. But I'm really looking forward to it and confident that I can crack it at the same time. On the day I just ain't giving up! no matter how tough it gets and how much of my guts I've left over the endurance course!

How you feeling about it?

LAS920

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good set mate.. its quite simliar to the program i've been following (posted on the sticky). Are you going to start introducing your boots closer to the time?

I'm having similiar feelings. Nervous as hell, really looking forward to it and really confident. It's a strange feeling, I go through days where I think i'm going to nail it, then others I panic and think what if...?

Is this your first attempt?

I think a big part of my doubts are due going into the unknown, it's difficult to prepare for something you've never done. I try to look at this way, it's been passed thousand of times before, and probably by lesser men than me and you.

SJ55

Reaction score
I have exactly the same feelings day to day. Most days I'll be confident then others i'll be brickin it! This is my first (and hopefully last!) attempt, and I agree, it's stepping into the unknown that brings on the apprehension. The way I see it, training before hand is only half the battle and just means on POC it won't start hurting as early on, as if you hadn't trained! But the other half is in your head so no matter how much it starts to hurt, whether its your legs, arms, lungs or everything!! You just *text deleted* make sure you know you're *text deleted* keep going!!

I actually started running in my boots about a month ago after a short stint of running in them over Christmas. My last run before I strained my leg I ran 4 miles in 33 minutes. I've got more work to do with my running but i'm *text deleted* get back in my trainers for a few weeks then boots for the last 3 weeks before POC I think.

How is your running going? You in your boots yet?

jkm86

Reaction score
I'm on this POC, is anyone else looking for entry in September 08?