POC Dates?

Tomm2024

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just had a formal interview at my AFCO and am waiting for the paperwork for my POC. From that interview, I got the impression the POC wouldn't be until September as there was only one POC a year, however looking at the number of PRMCs available, did I misunderstand? I can see how I could've misunderstood and there be only one intake of Officer candidates for training a year, is this what's happened? I was hoping I had ages to train!

Cheers,

Tom

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Further to the above as correctly stated by 'PAG', you should aim to get your POC passed by March 08 in order to get prepared for AIB being passed by June to comfortably meet a September 08 entry. You can cram it if you wish, but it's best to give yourself room to breathe between each aspect if possible. If you don't pass both by the end of July 08, it's unlikely you will join in Sept 08 & everything is only valid for 12 months, so you'd need to resit before an entry the following year.

Good luch

Tomm2024

Reaction score
Thanks PA,

Ninja, that's great advice, cheers for that! I'll try to get my POC passed (edit:before) Easter - got to juggle Uni, a job and training for this! But to be honest I hadn't thought about the timeline that much, so I really appreciate the info on how long I can expect it all to take!

Cheers,

Tom

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Best of luck Tom

Happy to help- likewise if you've any pearls of wisdom to pass on to those that follow- please do!