POC in Jan/Feb

bartzkingx

Reaction score
I have been told by the AFCO adviser that I should put my full application in as soon as possible so that I can do the POC at the beginning of the year.

I'm very fit but I don't think I'm fit enough at the moment for it, if I took it anyway would I have the chance to retake it I failed when I'm fitter or should I just cancel n wait for another one to come round?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Best bet is speak to your AFCO to see if you can attend a Royal Marines Acquaint Day at the nearestr RMR unit as a guage of your level of preparedness before you get put forward for POC.

If you're not ready for POC there is absolutely no shame in deferring the course- far rather you do that than fail. If you fail, you will not feel like going back as most feel thoroughly disheartened & you would only waste a course place for someone who is ready if you knowingly went unprepared.

In addition to the above, the POC's are currently held roughly every other week & ideally if you aim to start RM Officer Training at the end of August 2008 (there being only one intake per year), you really need to try & get POC passed before March which will give you a realistic opportunity to swot up for passing AIB before June, in order to comfortably be one of the 58 starting training.

Good luck

bartzkingx

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I'll take all that in to consideration. Thanks for both your help

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Poc 13th Jan POC Section 22
C POC 26th Jan POC Section 11
J POC 12th Jan 09 POC Section 5