POC Questions

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by thundernerd, Apr 20, 2017.

1. thundernerd

thundernerd New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ahoy gents

I just have a couple of questions regarding the POC as I am going on mine on Sunday 30th April (any other lads have this date?)

First one I think will be for @Ninja_Stoker - On all info provided so far we have been informed that pull ups is a minimum of 3, however; on my POC brief which I had with my ACLO which provided a paper document of the course it stated that pull ups was a minimum of 5. Please could this be clarified?

Also, in the lead up to POC (final week), please can anyone provide any recommended training plan as to keep myself in shape without ruining my muscles or tiring me out ie. how many days before should I rest before POC? I was thinking of taking Saturday and Sunday to rest with the start on Monday and was going to have one final long run at a gentle pace on the Friday.

All advice will be appreciated. I have tried to contact a Royal Marines ACLO this week to get answers to these but his phone is permanently off (guessing he's on holiday) as the Hull branch does not have a specific Marines AFCO/ACLO.

Thanks

2. glos94

glos94 Active Member

Minimum pull ups is 5.

For mine I just trained as normal, rested Friday and sunday.

Good luck. It's fun ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Yep, the generic info provided is probably for RM Other Ranks. If the brief provided by your ACLO states 5, it's 5.

At risk of stating the obvious, officer applicants should be achieving significantly more than 5 in preparation for POC.

4. Dobby31

Dobby31 New Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    HI there,

Dug out my plan from the week before POC. As I recall, it was something @arny01 posted on here, so all credit to him for it, it set me up perfectly for POC. I can't seem to find the original thread though.

Train as normal up until the Sunday before travel
    Tuesday - 5 mile jog, one set each of press ups, sit ups and pull ups
    Thursday - 3mile jog, one set each of press ups, sit ups and pull ups
    Saturday - one set each of press ups, sit ups and pull ups
    Sunday - travel to CTCRM

On the alternative days, I just did some light stretching.

As I say, it set me up really well. I hit the course feeling fresh and confident for the first day. Hopefully it will help to reinforce in your mind that you can hit good numbers. It also helped me to avoid panic training.

Best of luck to you!

• Like Like x 3
  5. NALEXB

NALEXB New Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    And Tbf dobby was on my poc, and was nails fit. Got full marks pull ups, sit ups, and like 12 pull ups on the RMFA I seem to recall right dobs?