Poll - Feedback request

What would be most useful to you? (Multi answers enabled)

• Saturday opening

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Late opening on Thursdays

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • It would make no difference

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Selection Interview on Saturdays

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Selection Interview Thursday evening

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Recruit Test on Saturday

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • Recruit Test Thursday evening

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Walk-in Careers clinics (Q&A) Saturday

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Walk-in Careers clinics (Q&A) Thursday evening

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Presentations on Saturday or Thursday evening

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
For a tial period during September, in response to suggestions from applicants, it is hoped about 6 out of the 50 AFCOs across UK are opening on Saturdays from 10:00 to 15:00.

Another four will be opening late (until 20:00) on Thursday nights.

The nominated AFCOs have yet to be announced.

Question is, will this wider period of access be not only recognised as useful to those working or in education, but will you actually prefer it and what would you like to see happen to help you join the Royal Marines?

All feedback gratefully received.

Reaction score
Bumpety-bump. More feedback needed if possible :)

:) I was really pleased with the careers office I went to, I found they helped with my questions.
I think Saturday opening times would be great if possible because it can be a bit difficult arranging at appointment with work in the weekdays, unfortunately my work requires me to inform them a month in advance if I want to take a week day off. Taking time off college may be difficult for some people because it is easy to get behind with a levels. Quite a lot of Young people and those under 17 won't be able to drive or haven't learn yet so it may also be easier to negotiate a visiting the AFCO on a Saturday with parents than a weekday because I had to ask my parents to take me, but unfortunately they have to work on a weekdays so I can't get there very easily. Really though at 19 I should have passed by now! :)

dewalt2001

Reaction score
For a tial period during September, in response to suggestions from applicants, it is hoped about 6 out of the 50 AFCOs across UK are opening on Saturdays from 10:00 to 15:00.

@Ninja_Stoker any ideas what part of the country these will be ?

FuriousD

Reaction score
Saturday would be great for me, having a wife that works and 3 young children, 2 at primary school means travelling to my nearest AFCO, a 1.5 hour bus journey takes basically a whole morning or afternoon if I need to pop in. Saturday would be ideal as wouldn't need to source childcare for the youngest child as wife doesn't work then.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
There are a couple of AFCOs in each region, for example, in the South East of England it'll probably be London and Portsmouth, etc.

It hasn't been officially announced yet but will appear on social media and on the RN website under individual office opening hours (AFCO link in my signature block).

Zandvoort10

Reaction score
Off peak opening is massively helpful. I've had to take a few half days off of work (with poor excuses about plumbers, deliveries etc.) during my Army/Marines applications.

Either Saturday or one evening is fine. AFCOs could probably do with having a day off in the week and being fully operational on Saturday. It can be a pain in the backside getting time off for some of us.