Portable Games Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Are you allowed to bring a portable games console, like a Nintendo DS, PSP, etc to RT?
Kindles too, I'm a regular book worm so have about a million books, and obviously I can't bring them all with me, it would be nice to still be able to read a little whilst on RT.

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Heard that laptops, ipods etc are allowed after 8-9 weeks if your troop's good and nobody abuses the opportunity (after all, it's a privilege not a right!). Don't see why a PSP or kindle would be any different.

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
+1. But only when you get settled in. Not toward the beginning of training. I wouldn't trust it anyway in the 30 man rooms - I'd like to think you can trust every one, and you probably can, but you never know. Plus you won't have time at the beginning of training anyway. Probably not enough time to send even a text message.

Blorange

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
a room full of people who share the same dream as you, why would you want to play a psp :P

get to know them all. spend your free time together ect,

thats what i plan to do if i get through to training,

at the end of the day, you are all there to become a royal marine,

form strong friendships and help each other through a few guys i know in the marines say they, the support your friends give you helped them get through it.

Eyebrows

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I see what your saying but whilst there are obvious similarites there are also going to be differences. Some people will like to spend abit of time alone, reading or playing a psp. You have to remember that you will be with these people for 32 weeks. People are going to need some time alone to chill out.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I am planning on getting to know my oppos, and my ultimate goal is to become a Royal Marine, but I'm assuming I'll have at least a few minutes a day to myself, just want to fill them with something I like doing.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Games consoles are not permitted initially. We want recruits to bond & mix rather than immerse themselves in anti social fantasy worlds. Initially you'll have very little free time in any case & that which you have will be spent sleeping.

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Yes I am planning on getting to know my oppos, and my ultimate goal is to become a Royal Marine, but I'm assuming I'll have at least a few minutes a day to myself, just want to fill them with something I like doing.
Whaaatt why on earth would you want to bring a Nintendo down to lympstone hahaha. Just leave it at home and play it when you get leave, kindle sounds decent but a nintendo haha.

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Mario and Luigi. If they were English, they'd make awesome marines ;) After all, they can power up and shoot fireballs from their hands.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I was using that as an example, I just used portable games consoles as an umbrella term; I only have a kindle, like I said: Bookworm.

Jack11

Reaction score
Yeh I would have thought you'd have no time for them anyway until a bit later into training. Plus I'd like to bond and spend as much time with the lads as possible rather than ranking up on Battlefield 3.

I had a mate who was in training and he had a 360 down there. Was far in training, past week 16. Don't think he got much time on it though, mostly weekends I'd have thought.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't realise Skyrim was a book.

:rolleyes:
:flushed: :embarrest:

I don't even go on it now to be fair, far too busy with training and college, and it's not likely that I'm going to be taking my PC down with me

Status
Not open for further replies.