Possible Athlete's foot, training in two days. Advice?

Ballista

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all, I appreciate this forum is for potential recruits and not recruits as such, but I've noticed within the past couple of days that my little toes have become numb (possibly unrelated?) and the skin inbetween my toes has started to peel and become slightly itchy.

I'm not absolutely sure this is athlete's foot but obviously I need to get it checked out, especially as I've had problems with my feet before that necessitated a short stay in the ward (contact dermatitis).

Anyway, to get to the point, I don't want to look like I haven't done my due diligence so would it be worth trying to get a doctor's appointment tomorrow? Or might I be better off waiting until Monday when the CTC med bay can check it out? Considering that I'd need to see them anyway.

Chelonian

Reaction score
...so would it be worth trying to get a doctor's appointment tomorrow?

The pharmacy at Boots, High Street, Exeter is well staffed and they are very helpful. One of the pharmacists will be capable of diagnosing a foot condition.

As you say, you may have to visit the med bay anyway but at least you'll have evidence that you are being diligent and proactive. Best of luck.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hello all, I appreciate this forum is for potential recruits and not recruits as such, but I've noticed within the past couple of days that my little toes have become numb (possibly unrelated?) and the skin inbetween my toes has started to peel and become slightly itchy.

I'm not absolutely sure this is athlete's foot but obviously I need to get it checked out, especially as I've had problems with my feet before that necessitated a short stay in the ward (contact dermatitis).

Anyway, to get to the point, I don't want to look like I haven't done my due diligence so would it be worth trying to get a doctor's appointment tomorrow? Or might I be better off waiting until Monday when the CTC med bay can check it out? Considering that I'd need to see them anyway.

If it was me, I would buy off the shelf stuff for it and just deal with it until you get back.

And remember to dry your feet properly.