possible careers after being an officer

elliott16

Reaction score
i was just wondering what kind of careers officers do after their time in service? like management? would be interesting if anybody has thought this far ahead

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I have! I would like to be an adventure training/outdoors instructor for young kids, like outward bound and DofE etc, I'd like to motivate and help young people. Or something to do with teenagers and sports.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The career paths after leaving the service are quite diverse. I'm aware of one ex-Marine officer who set up and runs his own tree-surgery business, another drives helicopters for the offshore oil industry, another retired Officer works in recruiting and the list goes on.

One ex-Marine SNCO set-up the Tree Tops Adventure (wait a few seconds for the video clip to download) business in North Wales. It's a cracking place to visit if you're worried about the high ropes element of PRMC.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i was just wondering what kind of careers officers do after their time in service? like management? would be interesting if anybody has thought this far ahead

the only career for me is the Royal Marines! will be there 'til the day I die... or they get sick and kick me out!

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It depends how far in your career you are. If it's for a while you could easily walk into senior management positions with all the experience and qualifications you get.

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking at teahcing, descent pay, good holidays and i like working with kids.

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
silly question but have many gone on to be bodyguards? how much would u get paid if u was?
chrz stewie

Rob Wallace

Reaction score
silly question but have many gone on to be bodyguards? how much would u get paid if u was?
chrz stewie

I dont know how many have done this but i do know that to become a bodyguard you need a CCP Licence from the SIA.

Then once you are in you need to be willing to travel to get work, if you are good in their industry then you will be travelling a lot and making a LOT of cash.