Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Possible Medical Issue

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Pikesy2, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Pikesy2

Pikesy2 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I'm currently in the application process for the RM and had my medical the other day. The medical couldn't be completed since I didn't have ID with me at the time. I passed all the tests (hearing, joints etc) except the one which required me to show ID, one of which I'm guessing is a check of your medical history?
    My issue with this is I didn't disclose information regarding my Dad's recent Heart Attack and that I was tested in case it was passed down to myself (haven't had the results back yet). So the questions I have are:
    -Do they in fact look into your medical history? (I ticked the box giving them access)
    -Since I didn't disclose the issue above, how will that effect my application?

Any advice/guidance would be very helpful

Attached Files:

2. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

1) Yes, of course your medical notes are reviewed against the standards for entry.

2) You are required to provide an honest & accurate disclosure.

Better qualified users on here may be able to offer guidance on how to update your already submitted documents.

3. Charlemagne

Charlemagne New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I believe they contact your GP and get all medical records, so there's nothing really you can hide in regards to that, though I'm not too sure if they check family history. If you didn't disclose information for whatever reason, then I would contact Capita medicals and inform them ASAP, as it can delay your application if you don't mention something which they then pick up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Hope that your Dad feels much better very soon and that your own test results are reassuring.

If either spots this @The guide or @CHUB! might give you guidance on the implications tests for potentially inherited conditions might have for your application. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pikesy2

Pikesy2 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Thanks for the advice lads. Spoke to capita and they just said to declare when I go back for the limited med on 9/03. Hopefully it will all be fine as I found out today the test came back as negative. Will update as and when for anyone else in a similar situation.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

That’s good news.

Best of luck with it all.

7. Katmum

Katmum Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Afternoon all.....hope all is well this fine Monday afternoon....
    Here goes with a medical question - @CHUB! or @The guide or anyone who can advise. 20 year old lad going through medical, disclosed grandad on mums side had Huntington's disease. Mum healthy (her brother found out at age 50 that he had the gene) - dad healthy (no issues on paternal side) - capita have passed this to RN medical officer - but this lad is getting slowly disheartened after so much effort with his fitness and interview prep (interview went extremely well) - it's been several weeks now - and he feels his dream is slipping away. If anyone in the know has any input that would be great.

8. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

@Katmum Med appeals are currently around 2 months + to get looked at , unfortunately, this job is not the Drs concerned only role , so on occasion, something has to give, and any operational jobs will get first priority, but if you had a good case going forward hang in there it is simply patience that is required for a possible 22 years plus career for an area of the forces that have been around for over 350 years .!!

• Like Like x 1