Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

possible stress fracture in foot

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by Steeplejackb, May 5, 2020.

1. Steeplejackb

Steeplejackb Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I think i may have a stress fracture in my left foot. Had mild pain when it is bearing weight since yesterday, with that pain getting much worse when attempting to run this morning.

I stopped running as the pain was telling me there was something not right at all. This was about an hour ago, the pain is now a dull ache at rest and a sharp pain when walking on it.

Should i get it properly diagnosed, or just rest it myself and do low impact stuff for a few weeks.

If it is a stress fracture and it gets diagnosed, will it cause problems for me down the line at the Medical stage?

2. Lockerz2112

Lockerz2112 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    If you think you've got a fracture of any kind, get it looked at by a professional. Not getting it looked at will inevitably cause more problems for your medical than not doing

3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Get yourself professionally assessed.
    If it is a fracture there will most probably be a delay implication for your application but the sooner you get it assessed and treated the better.

4. Steeplejackb

Steeplejackb Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I'm just worried all they will say is yes its a hairline fracture rest for 6 weeks, but with it all on the record is it not 12 months fracture free for RM entry medical standards?

5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I'm not a Careers Adviser but a couple of factors to consider:

1. Most importantly, if your self-diagnosis of a fracture is accurate you still should have it professionally assessed and treated for your own long term welfare. As of now you're just guessing and nobody can diagnose your injury on t'internet.

2. If a fracture is diagnosed there may well be a mandatory delay. But if you blag your way into RT with a non-disclosed pre-existing injury there is a very real possibility that it will be discovered which can lead to medical discharge.

@The guide might comment if he spots this.

6. Steeplejackb

Steeplejackb Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Fair points Chelonian, I think I will give it a few days then get it checked out if nothings improved.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dutch88

Dutch88 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I'd definitely see how it feels in a couple of days.
    Googling symptoms is quite a dangerous activity.
    Its easy to convince you've got all manor of problems in very little time.
    Not saying you shouldn't take it seriously if it is serious.
    Good luck with it!

8. sharpe

sharpe Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    100% get it looked at and if needs be take the time out to rest and recuperate. If you try and wing the rigours of RT with any sort of injury it’s not going to end well