Post PRMC, prior RT work out

Luke G

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright lads, prior to going on my PRMC in July, i trained 5 x per week, mon, tue, wed, fri, sat, and each day it consisted of
3.4 mile run
6 mile cycle
1/4 mile swim
get fit to apply bodyweight circuit
press/ sit/ pull ups throughout the day

Now, post PRMC and prior RT (which is on 2nd Nov), i have been doing:
Mon : 4.1 mile run to boxing, box for 1 hour, 4.1 mile run home
Tue : 1 mile run to boxercise, boxercise for 1.5 hour, 1 mile run home
Wed : 4.1 mile run to boxing, box for 1 hour, 4.1 mile run home
Thurs : REST, i also go to cadets today to learn admin etc
Fri : tests like on PRMC
Sat : Something different to what i normally do, maybe a long run or something
Sun : REST
I also do press/ sit/ pull ups throughout the day

Criticism welcomed please lads, what do you think,
Luke

EthanC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That looks pretty solid to me mate :biggrin:

Did all that training really do you well in PRMC? OR do you think that wasn't enough?

Cheers,
Ethan

Luke G

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright Ethan mate, yeah the training really helped in PRMC, i was like the grey man in the middle during the 3-miler (9.38), and gym test 1 i scored 12.6 bleep test, 48 press ups, 93 sit ups, and 6 pull ups, again in the middle/ towards the top end maybe. haha. But on bottom field i scored well i think, i thought the bottom field tests were hard but fun, and because i'd been training in quick succession at the gym (I did everything straight after each other, run, cycle, bodyweight circuit, then swim), i managed ok on this. Gym test 2 was hardest, and if i could have done something different, i'd have done hill sprints. Hope this helps and good luck,
Luke
P.S make sure you warm up etc before and after exercise.

Layden23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Luke mate this excercise looks well solid to me. should be plenty for rt i should reckon. i'm only running about 3 times a week myself, but there fore good solid training sessions. and everyday i doo my pullups, pressups and situps. just remember mate that at rt we'll be doing the pressups to a bleep, so banging out 60 in the speed of light won't help you know. what i do with pressups is just do as many as i can each day but nice solid and not too fast ones. that way, hopefully, when we do them to a bleep i'll be able to do about the 35-40 pressups. otherwise mate like i said, solid plan looks real good. just hope i'm not too far behind you haha
and to answer your question ethan, *text deleted* his pre-prmc workout was fine for prmc. because you don't want to be the one at the very front all the time otherwise you'll have to do more than necessary. prmc is just as much mental work as it is physical.
good luck ethan on your prmc
and luke, see you in RT :D

p.s: whens your briefing ??

C

critchmufc

i think you should throw fintans circuit in the "ex rm pti" thread in there

simply becuase it replicates rt gym sessions (so the pti told him)

i did it for a week and my 1.5mile time went from
9.35 > 9.13 > 9.03

Adam.126

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
boxercise lmaoooo!!
sounds like something a woman would do.
good job you do normal boxing though. you could probably knock me out so ill shut up *text deleted*:bud:

derekchoi1

Reaction score
i recommend boxing to anyone no matter if you can jog miles and miles a few rounds on the pads or sparring will nacker you out in minutes :kult: your training programme looks good luke, personally the only thing a would change is tuesday to swimming and hill sprints :cool:

Luke G

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Cheers for the replies lads,
just remember mate that at rt we'll be doing the pressups to a bleep, so banging out 60 in the speed of light won't help you know. just hope i'm not too far behind you haha
p.s: whens your briefing ??
Don't worry mate, my press ups aren't the best, I did 48 on PRMC in the full 2 minutes, so they are slow ones, if not too slow :doh: And i only started this programme this week to get back into the swing of things, so i doubt you'll be behind me. haha
Briefing is tuesday 15th september mate

i think you should throw fintans circuit in the "ex rm pti" thread in there

simply becuase it replicates rt gym sessions (so the pti told him)

i did it for a week and my 1.5mile time went from
9.35 > 9.13 > 9.03
Critch thats a good idea and i think i'll throw it in on a friday after i've tested myself on press/ sit/ pull ups. Getting your time down by that much is mint aswell. :cheesy:

boxercise lmaoooo!!
sounds like something a woman would do.
good job you do normal boxing though. you could probably knock me out so ill shut up *text deleted*
Mate, its full of women there, im the youngest one aswell at 17... everyone else is in their late 20's. haha. it's still a solid workout though.

i recommend boxing to anyone no matter if you can jog miles and miles a few rounds on the pads or sparring will nacker you out in minutes :kult: your training programme looks good luke, personally the only thing a would change is tuesday to swimming and hill sprints :cool:
Ok mate, yeah i agree it is knackering, especially when you're only just getting back into it. haha. I was swimming quite a bit before PRMC, but my gym flooded so i didn't have access and so started putting it off to be honest. I'll get back into it *text deleted**, maybe on a thursday or something.

Nice one lads, Luke

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was swimming quite a bit before PRMC, but my gym flooded so i didn't have access and so started putting it off to be honest. I'll get back into it *text deleted**, maybe on a thursday or something.
Could have done a gym session AND a swim rolled into one.

Luke G

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I let myself in for that one really. haha :noob:

brandontreacy

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i run 5 times a week 3 mile
and go gym 5 times a week after the gym session i go in th e swimming pool for half hour.

and every night i use the get fit to apply tool
and ive niticed my fitness is gone up alot in 2 weeks !

fatty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i just ran bout 12 miles a day made up of 2.5 mile and 1.5 mile timed runs with the odd longer run and got 9.27 on the PRMC lots of pressups throughout the day and lots of pull ups and sit ups before bed i was average on the PRMC, in the 5 weeks upto PRMC i stopped drinking and smoking and replaced it with exreme pasta eating went from 62 kg to 68 kg in a couple of months