Post-RT Lifestyle

tripper

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone could outline both a short term, and a long term example of the events following RT. I know you are assigned to a unit, but do you continue training for a while after, or tend to be deployed pretty soon after?

Also what would make a standard week on barracks when a marine, I presume you have more in depth training, and continue maintaining your fitness?

I'm sure some answers to this must have been in previous threads but I honestly can't find them - please could you link them if that is the case.

Any information would be appreciated.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i'm no expert but i know a couple of lads that were deployed pretty much straight out of RT, i guess it depends.

Freddo

Reaction score
im curious about this too - its a topic that seems to be shrouded in mystery *text deleted*.

i got so caught up in worrying about the joining process, that i forgot to think about what u even do once u get that Green Beret.

but like said above, its possible u may be deployed to war straight out of RT to replace casualties. its a grim thought though.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Were just *text deleted* have to wait and see :) cant wait

J

Jason_A

No, you're not usually deployed straight after training. However, since the government wants more soliders over there, then there's a possibility I'd say.

tripper

Reaction score
yeh I dont think bein deployed is a bad thing, its the main part of the job though. I was just interested in what things are like when you are IN the marines, not just training for it...

0.01%

Reaction score
From what i've been told by a couple of serving Marines is that it is a lot more chilled out than R.T, which in some ways you would excpect. Oviously nothing becomes easy or too relaxed but I was told that it is then (at your unit) that you realise why you joined. Exact(ish) words were, "I didn't enjoy training at all, nearly left a load of times. But when you get to your unit it all becomes worth it. That is when you get a taste for the Corps and it's nothing like training." He said he was Mr Average in training, never great at anything, never a section commander etc. He is now a WO1, makes you think!

Basically you are always training and learning new things, all with the view of course to your next deployment. Practising shooting and things like that. And of course you will have some phys, but he said this is not like in R.T, but you can wear what you like and is not as regimented as in R.T.....like you can run as more of a group as opposed to in lines. Some lads do extra phys, weights or whatever, in the evening. He also said you often knock of early on a Friday as it's good for morale and you work hard during the week so everybody appriciates it, and then your weekend is your own. One other thing is that you have to stay on base one weekend in 7 or 8 (?) to do security.

The above is from memory and was taken from a casual chat so some may be wrong or misinturpreted on my behalf so anyone please feel free to put me right if so! Think it gives an idea though.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
If the training team feel that a recruit/marine is ready, they can be deployed 2 days after finishing RT.

:rock: