Postpone POC?

bikeman2694

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A few weeks ago I noticed a twinge in my thigh which intensified every time I ran. To cut a long story short, I stopped running, had a few massages and hoped for the issue to resolve itself. Yesterday I did a 10k race and the pain was still noticable but not debilitating. I have a POC booked in January, I'm considering postponing it until I'm niggle free as I know it will be incredibly demanding and shall require full fitness. If anyone has been or is in a similar situation and could give some advice that would be appreciated.

Thanks
James

Royal671

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
My advice would be to postpone. Doing any sort of criteria tests, especially fitness ones, you will need to be 100% fit. Niggle free. What's an extra month in the grand scheme of things?

You may feel like you could still crack on and pass it with the niggle, but it could get worse during or after POC. Good luck with whatever you chose pal and all the best with your app!

bikeman2694

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice mate, you are right. In the grand scheme of things a month or two set back is nothing but if this niggle became my undoing then I'd be kicking myself. Hope your training is going well and best of luck with your PRMC in January.