Postpone RT

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
What is the longest time you can postpone your RT date for after passing PRMC without having to ga back and do PRMC again?

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
No idea.
Now why did I even answer.........
:uglyhammer:
Not to long should imagine though.......
As it only takes a couple of months to get unfit.

WrapJuice

Reaction score
Maybe Ninja can answer................

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Yep 12 months tops, but the Corps prefer, where possible, that you join within less than 6 months ideally.

The reason for this is that many individuals become unfit after passing PRMC because they think they've done all they need to join.

WrapJuice

Reaction score
ah that's perfect!

it's just that my band is starting to do quite well and i just want to give it bit more of a chance. anyway i have to pass PRMC first *text deleted*!

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yep 12 months tops, but the Corps prefer, where possible, that you join within less than 6 months ideally.

The reason for this is that many individuals become unfit after passing PRMC because they think they've done all they need to join.

So what happens if you pass your PRMC and get unfit then go into Recruit Training? Do you do two weeks and then get backtrooped? Or will they just discharge you for not being up to the required standards?

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
So what happens if you pass your PRMC and get unfit then go into Recruit Training? Do you do two weeks and then get backtrooped? Or will they just discharge you for not being up to the required standards?

it would be pretty hard to get back-trooped during foundation. Its mainly assessments of your fitness rather than tests. If people completed PRMC and stopped training then that would be a stupid thing to do :doh:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You can be discharged within the first 56 days of training if you lack the attitude, discipline or fitness required to undergo recruit training.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
it would be pretty hard to get back-trooped during foundation. Its mainly assessments of your fitness rather than tests. If people completed PRMC and stopped training then that would be a stupid thing to do :doh:

Obviously I wouldn't stop the training at all. If anything I'd be trying to advance it more and more. Remember, the unfitter you are the longer this course will feel so obviously leaving out exercise prior to RT will be stupid but I wouldn't be supprised if some completely started slacking in their own daily routines.

Oh and Marco, didn't know you were in a band. Good on yer, but try not to focus on that too much. It's always there for ya!

C

critchmufc

ah that's perfect!

it's just that my band is starting to do quite well and i just want to give it bit more of a chance. anyway i have to pass PRMC first *text deleted*!

can i join your band!? i am a very good singer

providing im drunk

.....and everyone else is to

WrapJuice

Reaction score
we're not looking for any new members! shhhh!

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hey marco so are your band getting signed up then?

WrapJuice

Reaction score
We've not been offered a deal yet but i wouldn't be supprised if we did soon. We had someone come watch us the other day looking for a development deal.

But back to my dialema, Marines or Band.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
But back to my dialema, Marines or Band.

As a careers adviser, there's an obvious solution staring you in the face....