Postponing joining date.

RMapplicant

Reaction score
Hi there.

I am new to the forum and currently in the process of joining the Royal Marine Regulars.

I have passed my interview, security check and medical. I will be taking my vPJFT soon.
My question is, would I be able to postpone the date in which I go to Lympstone? If so, at which point would I be able to postpone my joining date? (I.e. at my current stage, or after completing the vPJFT). How long would I be able to postpone for?

Thank you in advance.

Tetley

Reaction score
Someone far more informed will be able to give you the specifics as certain stages of the application have a limited life span.
key question would be how long do you want to defer for and what would be you ideal joining date? (Note: don’t expect to get you ideal date)

poprm

Reaction score
Hi there.

I am new to the forum and currently in the process of joining the Royal Marine Regulars.

I have passed my interview, security check and medical. I will be taking my vPJFT soon.
My question is, would I be able to postpone the date in which I go to Lympstone? If so, at which point would I be able to postpone my joining date? (I.e. at my current stage, or after completing the vPJFT). How long would I be able to postpone for?

Thank you in advance.
Should you pass all the tests and get to the stage of receiving a date they will ask you when do you want to go in. In my case I said ASAP but you could say for example September or whenever your thinking. Providing they have places in that intake. Someone feel free to jump in if I’m wrong but I’m sure that’s how it works.

Dan8696

Reaction score
If you're postponing for tings such as school/ college/ uni or say if you need to give your employer the correct term of notice then I can't see it being an issue delaying it a reasonable time period. However, if your reason is to go on the drink or go on a holiday etc then I doubt they'd be too impressed. if you've only got your vPJFT to undertake and haven't mentioned it to your CA you probably should do sooner rather than later.

Biggles

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there.

Thank you in advance.
Hi mate I previously postponed for a year due to family reasons after passing vPJFT+ and medical, was no issue.

RMapplicant

Reaction score
Should you pass all the tests and get to the stage of receiving a date they will ask you when do you want to go in. In my case I said ASAP but you could say for example September or whenever your thinking. Providing they have places in that intake. Someone feel free to jump in if I’m wrong but I’m sure that’s how it works.