Posture

pvt_crane

Reaction score
anybody any tips on how to improve my posture as i slouch way too much

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
According to QVC the home shopping channel Pilates or Yoga *text deleted* are great for posture and strength work.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I always found when sitting at the family dinner table, my mother shouting "Sit up straight", "Try and eat at least one sprout" & "Don't slouch" helped me.

Not sure whether the sprouts helped much though. :D

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
another thing which can cause a slouch is if your training alot and doing alot of sit ups and chest work etc just make sure you also even this out by doing alot of lower back and upper back excercises (obviously to help with posture particularly concentrate on lower back) laying face down on the floor hands by side and just raise your chest and shoulders from the floor hold for a few secs theres one of many!

cheers,

Lee

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
pvt_crane said:
Don't slouch. You can avoid this by keeping your neck in the back of your collar when you walk and sit.
Try not to look stiff when you do this. It does work.

Also: believe it or not: Marching helps you improve your posture and is good for you.

Cheers

Steve

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ste preece said:
pvt_crane said:
Don't slouch. You can avoid this by keeping your neck in the back of your collar when you walk and sit.

Also: believe it or not: Marching helps you improve your posture and is good for you.
Cheers

Steve
Marching down the street instead of walking you won't half get some funny looks :*text deleted*: :twisted: i like it

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
edd91 said:
ste preece said:
pvt_crane said:

Cheers

Steve
Marching down the street instead of walking you won't half get some funny looks :*text deleted*: :twisted: i like it
I honestly do this sometimes thinking it helps, glad it does. Some people look at me funny when you get swinging the arms, but screw em *text deleted*. Damn civvies.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
edd91 said:
ste preece said:
pvt_crane said:

Cheers

Steve
Maybe I should have mentioned the drill square for the marching bit. Never mind. You can still keep your neck in the back of your collar and walk tall when you bimble down the street. You will when you join the Corps, that's for sure. :wink: :D

All the best guys

Steve

ps: Ninja: I liked the sprouts bit. :D

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
ste preece said:
I liked the sprouts bit. :D
I'm glad you did Steve, always hated the blummin' things myself.

Mind you, my posture's OK, so maybe Mum was right after-all!

pvt_crane

Reaction score
pah mums r over rated spec my cheatin alcholic one but thats by the way

i was thinkin get friction tape and a metal ruler and starp it to my lower back?? wudnt be able to slouch