Potential Courses

Shane543

Reaction score
Just wondering about when you first apply and you do all your physical courses etc what courses you will come up against?

I hear there's a swimming course and was also wondering if it's really important as I'm not the best swimmer so I will deffo need to practice swimming more

Sorry if there's already a thread about courses, just couldn't seem to find it! :)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Prior to joining there are two physical assessments. The first is 2 X 1.5 mile runs on an inclined treadmill in under 22.5 minutes. You must also pass the Potential Royal Marines Course in Lympstone which includes a series of physically demanding assessments including the swimming assessment, including stepping off a 3 metre board and swimming 100+ metres and retrieving bricks off the bottom of a 3.5 metre deep pool....after the 3 mile run, a gym test (bleep test, pull ups, press-ups & sit-ups), etc.

The swim is a pass/fail element of the course and a fair will result in at least a retake of the PRMC, day one.

Kez1996

Reaction score
With the swimming assessment you have to be able to swim 2 lengths of breast stroke or you'll fail make sure you practice your surface dive as well because when I did my prmc I couldn't retrieve the brick 3.5m is quite deep if you haven't practiced