Potential Officers' acquaint visits to Lympstone

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Further to the success of the recent Potential Officers Visit to Commando Training Centre Royal Marines (CTCRM) Lympstone, it is planned to hold two additional acquaints this year. The dates are 21-23 July and 13-15 Oct. Each course can take up to 20 candidates. Food, Accommodation & Travel costs are at MoD expense.

The courses are aimed at individuals who have expressed a serious interest in becoming an Officer in the RM, but may not have fully entered the selection process (i.e. not yet booked onto a POC/AIB or not aiming to join this year-2008). It will be well suited to candidates who are studying their A2-levels or have started university and are thinking of a career as an RM Officer on leaving.

If this applies to you contact your nearest Armed Forces Careers Office (AFCO) and ask to speak to your Area Careers Liaison Officer (ACLO) who deals with RM Officer recruiting.

It's bound to be over-subscribed, so get your bids in ealy gents or you'll miss these rare opportunities.

Robfo

Reaction score
Wow, this looks pretty cool, thanks for putting it up Ninja. I'll have a word with my ACLO asap. Cheers

sb146564

Reaction score
Hey Ninja, Had my interview on the 26th March, My ACLO managed to get me on to the aquaint course, he said mine is in october. What happens when you go down? Do you do any runs, and phys or tests?
Ste

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not entirely sure. I'd imagine there's a gym visit but the best bet is speak to your ACLO for clarification- remember it's an acquaint visit, not a POC, so you will not necessarily be expected to be at peak fitness. It's worth doing a bit of phys prep anyway as you've plenty of time to establish a regular work-out beforehand.

Mitch

Reaction score
Is there anyone on the course this month? Myself and 2 friends are going down. I received my rail warrant today but have had no other information. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Mitch

shady

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I thought there was one in November 17th to 21st which i was meant to be going on :flushed:

noveldex

Reaction score
Having been on a POV, I assumed that it would be very similar to a POC and I was right. The Captain in charge of us really put us through our paces! The first thing the SMajor said was '...and this is going to be treated exactly like a POC so get stuck in!'

Just be prepared for them treating you exactly like they would on a POC. You will love all the leopard crawling and the smell from woodbury common... One thing I would say to you all is buy your own boots and smash them in! You will not regret it, I did by the size of my blisters for three weeks after my POV!

Novel

Mitch

Reaction score
I have just done my POV. Was excellent fun and got thoroughly stuck in. A word of caution though. The captain in charge said that from now on they will try to make them less like a POC and more like a look at life course; basically a few days with all the fun stuff! The reason being they don't want people to treat the POV as a dryrun POC. Mine, fortunately, took the older format because of a lack of staffing and it highlighted any faults I had and I am now ironing them out. It was well worth it as I got to speak to a good number of young officers and serving officers plus I got to mingle with like minded people and do some pretty cool things!

Mitch

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Damnit! Only just found this sticky! Missed out on it then :-( Any ones being run early next year?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Dates have yet to be announced, but providing they were viewed as productive from Lympstone's point of view, then one would imagine they may continue.

Watch this space or ask your ACLO.

tjg673

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
POC Officer Aquaintance Days?

Hi everyone, does anybody have any ideas as to when the RM Officer aquaintance days are?

Cheers, Tyler

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge there's one in July, but I'm awaiting confirmation of actual dates for this year.

As soon as we have them, we'll let you know.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Potential Officers Acquaint Vists 2009 (for bone-fide future potential officer applicants) are as follows:

23-25th March
27-29th July
15-17 October

Each course can take up to 20 candidates. Food, Accommodation & Travel costs are at MoD expense.

The courses are aimed at individuals who have expressed a serious interest in becoming an Officer in the RM, but may not have fully entered the selection process (i.e. not yet booked onto a POC/AIB or not aiming to join this year-2009). It will be well suited to candidates who are studying their A2-levels or have started university and are thinking of a career as an RM Officer on leaving.

If this applies to you contact your nearest Armed Forces Careers Office (AFCO) and ask to speak to your Area Careers Liaison Officer (ACLO) who deals with RM Officer recruiting.

It's bound to be over-subscribed, so get your bids in ealy gents or you'll miss these rare opportunities.

Pico

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I wasnt sure if i should post this or send it in a pm *text deleted* but i am doing my AS levels *text deleted* and thinking about going to uni, would i be able to get a place on one of these and how would i go about it? i have emailed my AFCO but they are not getting back to me, im not sure i have the right address does anyone know wher i can find it? its the Taunton one
THANKYOU

sqjlcunningham

Reaction score
I wasnt sure if i should post this or send it in a pm *text deleted* but i am doing my AS levels *text deleted* and thinking about going to uni, would i be able to get a place on one of these and how would i go about it? i have emailed my AFCO but they are not getting back to me, im not sure i have the right address does anyone know wher i can find it? its the Taunton one
THANKYOU
This is the address for the RM/RN careers office in Taunton:

nr-taunton-ca2@rncareers.mod.uk

Mark-92

Reaction score
This is my first post, just a quick question really, I am on the 27-29th July POV, is anybody else on this one?

shady

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Potential Officers Acquaint Vists 2009 (for bone-fide future potential officer applicants) are as follows:

23-25th March
27-29th July
15-17 October

Each course can take up to 20 candidates. Food, Accommodation & Travel costs are at MoD expense.

The courses are aimed at individuals who have expressed a serious interest in becoming an Officer in the RM, but may not have fully entered the selection process (i.e. not yet booked onto a POC/AIB or not aiming to join this year-2009). It will be well suited to candidates who are studying their A2-levels or have started university and are thinking of a career as an RM Officer on leaving.

Ninja can RMR recruits go on this course?