Potential Officers Visit - 22-26 Jan 2018 42 CDO Plymouth

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score

There are limited places available on this course for those who have already started the selection process.

There is an element of physical activity involved, although not as rigorous as a RM Look at Life course, and exceptionally, indemnity forms must be completed by those who have not yet reached the medical triage stage of their application.

All others wishing to attend this course must have completed and passed the medical examination.

Interested?

Contact your AFCO

JF1310

Reaction score
@Ninja_Stoker

Hi Ninja, my AFCO alerted me to this POV on the 12th December (nice and early), which I keenly put my name forward for. Have you any idea when we will find out if we have been successful at gaining a place on this? From what I've heard, there is roughly 20 spaces to fill? Many thanks in advance.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You should get a place, there were nine spaces left when I posted - call your ACLO to chase.

northmonkeySW

Reaction score
Thanks for this, I know what i'll be doing first thing tomorrow morning! Fingers crossed I can get the time off work.

I'm guessing this is slightly different to the L@L Officer Course?

JF1310

Reaction score
@northmonkeySW Hi mate. Not 100% au fait with the ins and outs of the Look at Life course but from what I've read throughout the threads the Look at Life courses tend to be offered to colleges and the like and they come down in groups. If you search for Potential Officers Visits (POV) and read through some of the threads, a few guys have written brilliant diaries. Altogether sounds like a quality time.

Reaction score
POV at 43 CDO was one of the best things i have been to.

Combat Fitness Test with a working troop with some of the lads going for Selection that winter.
Full day climbing the cobbler with some Mountain Leader Officers.
Got to drive the Offshore Raiding Craft around the Loch spinning it in circles dropping buckets etc.
Mock RMFA.
Weapons Acquaint.

Plus a whole heap of other cool stuff on the week.

Do not miss out on an acquaint guys!!

JF1310

Reaction score
When did you get away on your POV? Not sure if we'll be doing any climbing unfortunately, but as Dartmoor is close to Bickleigh we'll hopefully get out there for a bit! Sounds like it's going to be a great week, definitely motivation to train hard for POC too.

@greenzRM where abouts are you in process now mate?

northmonkeySW

Reaction score
POV at 43 CDO was one of the best things i have been to.

Combat Fitness Test with a working troop with some of the lads going for Selection that winter.
Full day climbing the cobbler with some Mountain Leader Officers.
Got to drive the Offshore Raiding Craft around the Loch spinning it in circles dropping buckets etc.
Mock RMFA.
Weapons Acquaint.

Plus a whole heap of other cool stuff on the week.

Do not miss out on an acquaint guys!!

Damn climbing the cobbler sounds amazing, you're making me wish I lived up near Scotland now! What sort of thing did guys pick for their presentation topics?

Reaction score
Damn climbing the cobbler sounds amazing, you're making me wish I lived up near Scotland now! What sort of thing did guys pick for their presentation topics?

Yeah it was mega... we didn't summit but did a lot of mountaineering and navigation skills.
A wild deer even managed to jump through the tree line right infant of us.. Really was a good week.

As for the topics i cant quite remember but we did quite a lot of debates of current affairs and Syria etc.

rmpo1610

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if any of you going on the POV next week have recieved the Joining Instructions and the Kit List? Cheers.

rmpo1610

Reaction score
No I haven't, just got in contact with my ACLO so I should be sorted by later on today.

northmonkeySW

Reaction score
Im looking forward to it! In terms of kit, what are you guys taking? I'm not sure if I've got the right thing for the long sleeved warm top on the kit list!

JF1310

Reaction score
Pretty much exactly whats on the kit list, as well as a few extra t shirts and light walking fleeces etc. Yeah it doesn't specify so I've brought a Helly Hansen baselayer type long sleeve for next to skin, then I've also got 'technical' type 3/4 zip long sleeves for over the top. May be slight overkill but better to be over than under prepared!