Potential Officers Visit to 42

TM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When I 1st showed interest in the RM in 2005 I was offered a 3-day visit to 42 Commando designed to "take a look at life in a Commando unit for the typical 2nd Lieutenant". I turned down the offer at the time but would jump at the opportunity to do something similar nowadays.

Does anyone know if this type of opportunity (visiting 40 or 42 Commando) for Potential YOs is still available and if so who would be the right people to get in touch with?

Cheers.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Not heard of any visits to 40,42 or 45 but...

Further to the success of the recent Potential Officers Visit to Commando Training Centre Royal Marines (CTCRM) Lympstone, it is planned to hold additional acquaints this year. The dates 13-15 Oct. Each course can take up to 20 candidates. Food, Accommodation & Travel costs are at MoD expense.

The courses are aimed at individuals who have expressed a serious interest in becoming an Officer in the RM, but may not have fully entered the selection process (i.e. not yet booked onto a POC/AIB or not aiming to join this year-2008). It will be well suited to candidates who are studying their A2-levels or have started university and are thinking of a career as an RM Officer on leaving.

If this applies to you contact your nearest Armed Forces Careers Office (AFCO) and ask to speak to your Area Careers Liaison Officer (ACLO) who deals with RM Officer recruiting.

It's bound to be over-subscribed, so get your bids in ealy gents or you'll miss these rare opportunities.

TM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers Ninja, got on the phone straight away but as you probably guessed all the places have been filled already. onto the waiting list i go..