Potential Para

GHO5T

Reaction score
Alright everyone, as the title tells im actually not planning on joining the marines and am planning a career in the parachute regiment but this forum is the best i've found anywhere on the net for fitness/training info and for general military discussion so figured id join up here as it will help alot as i progress myself.

Cheers.

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Mate of mine was training in the paras til he got injured and is being payed for the next 3 months til he is discharged even *text deleted** he wants to stay, ridiculous!

RMC WATKINS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well welcome anyway, those guys on ARRSE are usually right *text deleted**text deleted** so I think that this is a better site.

You'll find that on here everyone is willing to help and their have been some potential 'Para's' on here in the past and maybe even some other's on here now.

So good luck with your app.

Mod edit: please do not use foul language.

Jbc

Royal Marines Commando -Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the board.

Quick one, potential paras are more than welcome to post here and engage in lively debate. However, please refrain from Para Reg Vs Royal and all that childish nonsense. It's been done to death..

GHO5T

Reaction score
Honestly mate? that would frustrate me so much. was he far off finishing training? i've not started the proper application process yet, plan is to get a good baseline level of fitness ( about 50 pressups/60situps and 10 pullups) before i start so that if i keep improving i should be easily fit enough throughout the process.

Also dont worry there wont be any Para vs RM banter here, both very well trained soldiers who demand respect.

And dont even get me started on ARRSE... its a struggle even getting a sensible answers from most there.

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
He was about 8 weeks in and pulled a tendon in his ankle during a battle PT session, unlucky. He has to start the process again!

Welcome anyway.

Stoo2k

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Best of luck with you application.
Just had a regular poster (Quinny342) go off to para training as of yesterday.
Just stick his name in the search bar and there are plenty of good reads including selection.

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
He was about 8 weeks in and pulled a tendon in his ankle during a battle PT session, unlucky. He has to start the process again!

Welcome anyway.
Realy, my mate is there too. He had his appendix pop on Christmas leave, and has been recovering since then. He has just gone back about two weeks to rehab and they said he will be there for about 4 months before going back to a troop. He only hit week six and has been off since, still getting paid they even corrected the NHS surgery as they cocked some of it up. They seem to be giving him first class attention.

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome, no worries about being a potential Para. They may deny it but many of us on here have juggled the thoughts in our heads at least once and, as you say, both are elite who demand respect.

Obviously it's an RM forum but as long as the annoying threads stay away, why not. As you say, you'll get some serious advice as opposed to ARRSE which is just a "my daddy's bigger than yours" competition.