POWERbrethe

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just Posted it in another thread advising someone to get one, I Use one myself everyday, Really useful bit of kit, Was first introduced to it at a Triathlon show in America with my coach and first looks i was like "Thats just a piece of crap" not going to make such changes and really didn't really see much point in it..

Then a few months down the line i decided why not give it a bash!.. So i got one bought and have been using it for at least a year now!, Basically it increases your lung capacity, As easy as that, Seriously just breathe and your increasing your lung capacity!. Not easy to explain as im not very good at explaining but all i can say is that its a Really good piece of kit.. And will build your aerobic strength up alot!.. I Cant explain how good it is!, You will only know how good it is until you have tried it!.. Trust me A*text deleted* bit of kit.. Certainly worth the price tag!..

http://www.powerbreathe.com/pbclassic_sports.html

Anyone use on then?? Or thinking of using one??

foss

Reaction score
im thinking about it now. but does it make breathing harder or sometrhing like that and how long before you start seeing results

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not tried it myself so cant recommend it but just so you are all aware its available from Argos if you don't want to wait for internet delivery.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
dont mean to sound immature but it looks like a dildo *text deleted*. anyway does it acctually work? because from what you said on other posts and your stats your a bloody fit person as it is, so has it acctually helped? also how does it work? do you just sit there and it makes it hard to breath or something?

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just Posted it in another thread advising someone to get one, I Use one myself everyday, Really useful bit of kit, Was first introduced to it at a Triathlon show in America with my coach and first looks i was like "Thats just a piece of crap" not going to make such changes and really didn't really see much point in it..

Then a few months down the line i decided why not give it a bash!.. So i got one bought and have been using it for at least a year now!, Basically it increases your lung capacity, As easy as that, Seriously just breathe and your increasing your lung capacity!. Not easy to explain as im not very good at explaining but all i can say is that its a Really good piece of kit.. And will build your aerobic strength up alot!.. I Cant explain how good it is!, You will only know how good it is until you have tried it!.. Trust me A*text deleted* bit of kit.. Certainly worth the price tag!..
http://www.powerbreathe.com/pbclassic_sports.html
Anyone use on then?? Or thinking of using one??

what do you run around with that in your mouth *text deleted*, that would look a bit odd *text deleted*, looks like a snorkle thingy :laugh:

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If it works for you then it works.

However Im very sceptical of any of these sorta products, "miracle fixes". I wonder if any actual elite performers use this? If they dont then I doubt it works.

Also one of the graphs showing lactac onset looks inaccurate. Im just pulling figures out of my head here so might not remember them correctly, but Im pretty sure you would collapse before your blood lactate levels got anywhere near 13mmol/l. So if a graph has been doctored then obviosuly the whole thing is bollocks. I do know that they test elite swimmers blood lactate levels before they train, and if its over 4 they dont let them swim.

Also if these things did work, surely people with ashtma etc would be handed them by the doctors.

Also it says it "frees" up blood for other working muscles. But training the breathing muscles, I assume they mean the intercostal muscles and diapghram, how does that make them use less blood? Obviosuly the diffusion of the o2/co2 would be more effecient, but I would of thought the same amount of blood still went there.

M

marcsteele08

Also if these things did work, surely people with ashtma etc would be handed them by the doctors.
POWERbreathe offers people with asthma a drug-free, clinically-proven method of reducing their symptoms, and putting them in control of their asthma. Research has shown that inspiratory muscle strength is improved, and breathlessness is reduced after as little as three weeks of POWERbreathe training

M

marcsteele08

When I done a search to see where my local stockists were located, aswell as pharmacies and sports shops, interesting enough a prison on the other side of the city stocks them *text deleted*.

This alone would put me off of it <:(.

Marc.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I Can see a few of you are already getting put off by the idea!.. BEWARE IM NOT THE BEST FOR EXPLAINING SOMETHING!.....Basically you just sit there with a nose piece on the end of your nose and your breathe into the device and its got an adjustment on the bottom which is spring tensioned and the more you turn it the harder it is the breathe into it so you want get the device so you can just breathe through it and do 50 breathes of it and then so on and tighten it up every 2 weeks maybe, Trust me guys this is no bullsh*t this really does work!.

READ WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY!
http://www.powerbreathe.com/expert.html

HOW IT WORKS
http://www.powerbreathe.com/work.html

One of you were saying that if non of the top sports people use it then it cant be any good, Well theres a few top sports people who use it England Rugby Team, Many Top Marathon runners, Triathletes, Cyclists..

Sam

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just suffocate yourself with a pillow, it does the same thing