PRAC 14th/16th Diary 2017

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by Shadow Frog, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Shadow Frog

Shadow Frog Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Let's start of with my stats before attending PRAC and how I trained for it.
    My stats before attending PRAC were...
    Press ups 57 (At PRAC 85)
    Sit ups 50 (At PRAC 55)
    1.5 mile 9.10 (At PRAC 8.50)

What I did for training was..
    Monday: BFT best effort & Bodyweight training.

Wednesday: 5miles 33min and Bodyweight training.

Friday: Hill sprints 60 sec x 20 & Bodyweight training.

Sunday: 12miles cross country & Bodyweight training.
    To be honest avoid the long runs while training for PRAC because it's short fast distance, 4mile is the longest run there.
    I did 12miles to build my legs, YOU NEED STRONG LEGS TO PASS! But you can always do that by squats ect.

Right let's do this.

(Day 1)
    I arrived at Darlington station at 11.21 am
    And met the lads outside the station at 11.27 We then met two corporals at 11.30.
    We waited around into 12.30 for the other lads to arrive, two didn't turn up so in total there was 10 of us. Good lads.
    At 1.00pm we arrived at and was taken straight to our accommodation, PRAC block. Was really nice and had a big bed space each with wardrobes ect and issued kit for the 3day course.
    After putting our bags in our bed space we were marched down to have a introduction with the Sgt nice guy wouldn't want to Piss him off.
    The intro was about what to expect, how to behave and only wants the best, the ones who fail are just Cancer cells..
    .(His words not mine) after that we were marched back to our accommodation and made our beds and put on our gym kits for the PDA.

At 3.00pm we did press ups sit ups then it was time for the 1.5miler, everyone was shiting it because of the hills. Some lads were hitting 9.30 1.5mile at home and got 9.02 at PRAC, Different ball game when your there you push yourself above and beyond you ever thought was possible. Well I did anyway.
    There are 9 hills in the 1.5 mile around 50m long and a big 100m at the end.
    We did a 1.5mile warm up to see route at around a 8.5 min mile pace was okay but some lads were already tiered.
    The the 1.5mile best effort, I came in at 8.50 4th so was happy with that. One lad got 10.30 so failed that. (You don't get your times into the end of the course)
    That's the worst part! We then went back to our rooms at 4.00pm to get washed and clean then into our issued gear.
    At 5.00pm we went to the Cookhouse, we only had I think 20min to eat. Food is really nice to say the least.
    At 6.00pm we had our boots fitted for the steeplechase the next day.
    At 7.00pm we had our icebreaker, easiest part. Then at 8.00pm we polished our boots for the next day and went bed at 10.00pm.

Day 2
    Up at 5.30am I only slept 2 3 hours so got up at 5.00am got showers and shave then dressed ready for Breakfast at 6.00am.
    After Breakfast 7.00am we had to clean the PRAC block, wash floors make beds, clean toilets and showers. After that 8.00 was the steeplechase! God help me this was hard for first time in boots and helmet running best effort through water obstacles in just 19mins. may sound easy think again. 2miles of pain.
    I came 5th with 17min 5 seconds I really did think I failed this so happy I got through it.
    At 10.00 we had a brief about life in training, nutrition, kit list for RT, 1para ect was really good I liked that.
    At 12.00 we went for lunch then at 13.00 we done Function movement screening to see your balance and flexibility so if you get injury in RT the look at your score and see where you got injured ect.
    At 14.30 we spoke to recruits which was fun and interesting.
    At 15.30 we had introduction to the weapon systems and a go on them.
    At 17.00 we had dinner.
    At 18.30 the rest of the day was ours to clean accommodation, polish boots ect
    Bed at 10.00pm

Day 3 (final day)
    Up at 5.00 polished boots one last time, shower shave into kit then Breakfast at 6.00am
    At 6.30am we had 30min to wash floors clean toilets, clean showers and tidy up our room.
    At 7.15 it was time for the 4mile Hill sprints session *text deleted*ing destroyed my legs!
    For you RM guys it's the same as hare and hound. Got to keep up with the PTI for 4miles across terrain I didn't think was possible. After each Hill sprints we went back to a 8min mile pace into we hit the next Hill. If you fail to keep up and show no aggression you get bined and put in the Jeep followed behind. 3 lads did. Was really tough the hills were so steep you could stand up straight vertical with them haha
    At 8.20am we got showers and suited and booted and lined up waiting for our interviews to say if we passed or failed at 9.00am.
    1st man in failed second man in failed 3rd man in failed 4th man in failed! I was 5th man and I came back out with a certificate saying Passed! Was over the moon! Then the other five went in one by one and 3 passed 1 failed. So 4 out of 10 passed. Then the ones who passed got issued their boots and certificate and then got a coach back to station then home.
    The End. :)

If their is any questions the diary doesn't answer feel free to ask.

Start RT 23rd April.

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Like Like x 10
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  2. john lewis

john lewis Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    55 to 87 is an insane increase

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. aliB

aliB Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    What dod they mainly fail on

4. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Yeah I know. Just pushed myself to breaking point and beyond.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Steeplechase and 4mile run. Only 1 failed on the 1.5mile he got 10.30

We did the steeplechase twice, one as a warm up second best effort. The warm up Fu*ked all of us haha

• Like Like x 2
  6. ERFC

ERFC Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I thought they'd have the steeplechase and Hill sprints on the same day? Guess not but an interesting read anyway. When are you wanting to start RT?

7. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Wow I hope *text deleted*ing not! Hahaha

Start RT 23rd April mate. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. john lewis

john lewis Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Is the steeple chase the kind of thing you can't specifically prepare for you've just got to dig out on?

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  9. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    YES exactly mate even the Corporals said "we're fit guys but its still hell for us"
    No matter how fit you are it's still a challenge. People pay to do the steeplechase ahaha must be mad!

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  10. DBenn01

DBenn01 Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Massive well done lad, fair play to you seriously, much respect. And a very interesting diary too thanks for the read

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  11. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Thank mate appreciate it.

Good luck with your app you will smash it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ballista

Ballista Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Is a 40% pass rate typical for the PRAC? PRMC seems to get closer to 60% most times.

13. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Their was only 10 lads their normally 20. But yeah on that PRAC it was a 40% pass rate.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  14. robbo09

robbo09 Member

Good read and well done! There's a lot of similarities to PRMC there, not just the tests but what sort of person they're looking for.

@Shadow Frog Do you not do an aquaint with the trainisium? Thought I'd read you do on PRAC unless it's been scrapped.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  15. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    No mate we didn't do the Trainisium because It was covered in ice. Think it's a Summer event.

• Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  16. Lurch

Lurch New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Isn't max points 60? Do they let you carry on as long as you can?

17. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Yeah. As many in 2mins.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tom7

tom7 Member

how long did you train for?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    12 weeks.

I was running 3/4 times a week for the first half then the last 5 weeks I ran 5/6 times a week then 3x a week, one week before PRAC.

Looking back, if I were to do that course again I would do more short intense runs more than a long run.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  20. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Joining other service