pre prmc

royalpete

Reaction score
alryt lads just wandering if anybody could shed sum light on what my AFCO said to me....hes told me to go to newcastle for a pre PRMC day just wandering if anybody knows what it is and what it entails

cheers

M

MTW

i think he would be talking about an aquaint day, basicly to see if you are ready for PRMC i think.

foss

Reaction score
aye i have to go to that at rmr tyne i think it is

MisterP

Reaction score
When you go on it, you'll do the 3 miler and gym test 1 (bleep test, sit-ups, press-ups, pull-ups). If you don't do well on this day (RMAD royal marine acquaint day), i.e. get the min scores (or very close to them) that'll pass a PRMC, then you won't be put forward to go on a PRMC.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When you go on it, you'll do the 3 miler and gym test 1 (bleep test, sit-ups, press-ups, pull-ups). If you don't do well on this day (RMAC royal marine acquaint day), i.e. get the min scores (or very close to them) that'll pass a PRMC, then you won't be put forward to go on a PRMC.

That's not what my AFCO told me, he said it will give you an idea if you're ready or not but will not affect whether you can attend the PRMC. Though you most likely wouldn't want to go soon if you didn't do well enough.

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would go to it fella, we did something very close to it yesterda, awesome stuff gives you a good idea of what your fitness level is like.

MisterP

Reaction score
That's not what my AFCO told me, he said it will give you an idea if you're ready or not but will not affect whether you can attend the PRMC. Though you most likely wouldn't want to go soon if you didn't do well enough.

Don't think my AFCO liked me much. That's what he told me. He also told me that i had to get about 9min 30sec on the PJFT (even though it's officially to be under 10min) or he wouldn't continue with my application either.

RH

Reaction score
ninja can you clear this up please because i have my aquaint day this tuesday.
If you dont do that well will you not be put forward for PRMC?
thanks

Point

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
Hey not sure if its any similar but I just missed one before my POC. It wasnt examined as such, thats what the PRMC is for, but more to give you an idea of where you are and where you need to be at when you attend.