preparing for admin

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hi guys im only 17 and i kinda suck at being tidy..ive been tryin to get myself ready for prmc admin etc as i dont want to be in a reck.. and ideas on what kinda stuff ill be doing down there ?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
First thingy Plummy- learn to wash & iron your clothes-seriously. You'd be amazed the amount of guys that do not know how to iron trousers using a pressing cloth or iron a shirt properly.

Try "bulling" a pair of civilian leather shoe toe-caps using cotton wool & Parade Gloss. It takes practice.

matthewwookie

Reaction score
Cotton wool and parade gloss......is that what they recommend? I know this could produce a really boring thread.....but my old CSGT (who was in the welsh guards) gave us *text deleted* for even owning a can....he said it was to oily....we had to use standard polish and a sylvet cloth....

Any other methods/ingredients??

Matt

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I must admit I managed to achieve a nice shine using parade gloss, although I would use standard kiwi polish first as a base coat. Ive seen people melt the polish onto the shoe, or apply the polish first then use a spoon they've het up to melt it. I've never been good at that method so I dont use it.

One piece of advice though stay clear of Klear floor polish yeah it creates a fantasic shine but it ruins the shoe and the polished area of the shoe cracks very easily. Its really not worth it.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
To be honest, the "say-so" on what type of shoe polish, cotton wool or cloth can be used is on the individual instructors' viewpoint. Feasibly two consecutive troops may be told differently. The shine is largely due to the amount of beeswax (so I'm reliably informed). The more beeswax, the more shine, however, it also softens the polish & makes the surface more susceptible to flaking or scratching.

The issue is simply: get used to bulling your shoes.