Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Press up trouble

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Newmills15, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Newmills15

Newmills15 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi All
    I've always struggled with press ups not sure why as my pull ups and sit ups improve steadily. Ever since reaching about 25 press ups I've really struggled to improve the number but now can do a maximum of 37 good form press ups to the bleep and even this number tends to fluctuate quite alot. I've already tried gainers and they didn't really work for me and was wondering if anyone has had the same problems and if they have any good workouts to help with this. The workout I do at the moment is quite an intense one and at the moment I do it every other day and was wondering if having two days off instead of just one would be better. Any help would be appreciated as this has been an issue for some time.

Thanks Luca

2. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    You might find that you are overloading, perhaps having days between where you focus on strengthening certain muscles groups in your upper back. Like for instance upright rows and cable crosses for your chest, even the trusty bench helps.

By no means am I an expert but looking out for things to help yourself will prove invaluable if you are to undertake training and in turn a full career, best to prepare fully before going full on.

Look out on you tube for plans the best I found was athelean-x the bloke goes in hard on the conditioning for certain movements and the way the body works.

3. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Try my variation of gainers, if find you get progress quicker this way that rather add 1 rep to 1set a day.

For all movements do:

A Max set
    3x half sets

In between each set have between 1-2mins rest, you choose.

Do this every other day for all 3 movements.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Newmills15

Newmills15 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ok thanks for the advice I'll give the different press up types a go.