Press ups boredom

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Been doing gainers for a while got to 55-54-54 but I can comfortably max out 60 press ups to a bleep.

Bit bored now and stuck for ideas of how to take my training further.

Was thinking of putting 5-10 kg in a backpack and doing weighted press up gainers, maybe alternating every other day between normal gainers and weighted gainers.

Any ideas?

Bellionaire679

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Add more variation of press ups if youre getting bored of just doing RM press ups.

Diamond press ups
Clap press ups
Wide handed press ups

Medicine ball press ups - Where one or two hands are on a medine ball to add insability.
TRX press ups if you have TRX equipment in your gym if you go to one

Obviously carry on doing gainers to RM form press ups as at the end of the day thats what you need to master. But throw some of these into your sessions for a bit of variation

Reaction score
Keep them ticking over nicely and train something your not as good at?

I maxed press-ups out at PRMC so i'm spending double time on sit-ups & running.

Keeping the press-ups going along nicely though.

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Do dips to the press ups bleep.. or just apply the gainers method to dips.

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers lads. *text deleted* try and give weighted press up gainers a go.

Since weighted press ups are more strength based whereas body weight one are more endurance based, you reckon I should do body weight ones once or twice a week to avoid loosing the endurance in my arms

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Also anyone think it’s weird that I can max out press ups but with 10kg in a backpack I can get 15-17?

Cuzza22297

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Also anyone think it’s weird that I can max out press ups but with 10kg in a backpack I can get 15-17?

I guess you just have a lot more muscular endurance than strength. Keep doing weighted and body weight press ups to train both areas and you’ll smash the test on prmc.

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

I guess you just have a lot more muscular endurance than strength. Keep doing weighted and body weight press ups to train both areas and you’ll smash the test on prmc.

Thanks.

I can already hit 60 on the PRMC switching to weighted press ups and pull ups is just because doing normal “gainers” has gotten quite boring.

And would you say if I switched to only weighted gainers full time could I loose endurance whilst gaining some strength and size?

Cuzza22297

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Do weighted gainers then rest a couple of minutes before trying to max out to the bleep with body weight press ups.

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Do weighted gainers then rest a couple of minutes before trying to max out to the bleep with body weight press ups.

Decent idea. Considering cutting the morning gainers and just doing evening ones but doing 3 weighted sets then 3 body weight sets. Taking the body weight sets down to 45-45-45 for the start as I was up to 54 - 54 - 54 when doing them alone