Press-ups

dovey1001rm

Reaction score
Hi all, ive got a big question on pressups down at the PRMC, the mxaimum amount of press-ups i can achieve is 51 but i can do about 39-43 in 1 minute and then i have to take a few secound breaks to achieve my best result-still in press-ups position though. And i can reach my maximum around 1.45 minutes, im sure ill be able to hang in till the 2 minutes is up. but i was wondering would resting in press-ups position be allowed down at PRMC and if so how would the PTI's react and respond to this. Thanks

Ninja-to

Reaction score
Hi all, ive got a big question on pressups down at the PRMC, the mxaimum amount of press-ups i can achieve is 51 but i can do about 39-43 in 1 minute and then i have to take a few secound breaks to achieve my best result-still in press-ups position though. And i can reach my maximum around 1.45 minutes, im sure ill be able to hang in till the 2 minutes is up. but i was wondering would resting in press-ups position be allowed down at PRMC and if so how would the PTI's react and respond to this. Thanks

When I did my PRMC I wasn't allowed to put my leg or knee down. Doing that would have ended the press-ups for me. You can hold the press up position if you want though I believe.

Hope that helps.

dovey1001rm

Reaction score
ye sorry dint write it clearly enough, i meant to put, when i did rest it was still in press-up position but i was wondering how long are you allowed to rest for and how do the pti's react to this?

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As long as your knees don't touch the mat you're fine. You can stay in the prone position as long as you have to as far as I know.

sparrow legs

Reaction score
hi going for prmc next friday I was told two 4 second rests allowed only but I wouldn't worry if you can do 51 now with the adrenaline boost under test conditions you may do more but be aware you will be severly warmed up!!
I was also told to keep my head looking up during them as well i'm led to believe there really strict with technique and will deduct 10 at a time if you draw attention to yourself!

how are your sit ups, pull ups and burpee's going?

dovey1001rm

Reaction score
hi i do the press-ups in strict form, that worrys me aswell because i can reach my maximum whilst still fresh but from what *text deleted* heard the warm up is really hard so dont know how that will affect my press-ups and other upper body tests. my sit-ups i usually get around the 66-70 region but i have done 74 before. my pull-ups i can 5 almost 6 but just carent lift my chin over bar on 6th one but should have it cracked by time of the PRMC, and burpees i dont really do them i only do them whilst at boxercise or my own circuit training. what about your scores?

sparrow legs

Reaction score
we did an rmfa wed including thorough warm up, managed 48 press ups, 85 sit ups, 28 burpees and 11 pull ups hope those sort of scores will be ok hows your running? I used my gps watch yesterday timed myself out 1.5 miles at a steady 12mins pace then back best effort 9.10mins back so hopefully ok on that. I would recommend adding more burpees to your circuit training they really are a killer in my opinion!

am19

Reaction score
Alryt lads just wonderin wen u do *text deleted* press ups. how are your arms positioned are your hands apart or touching on the floor?? cheers

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hand shoulder width apar fingers facing forward elbows in down untill *text deleted* chest is 1cm from the floor and back up to fully extended

am19

Reaction score
ye i thought so, i had been looking at exercises on the royal marines website earlier and it showed examples of wide armed and closed arms press ups so confused me a bit. cheers for explainin that for me mate

callum1234

Reaction score
need advice lads
i can do 8 pull-ups fine with underhand grip, but when it comes to over hand i can only manage about 2 how can i get this sorted?

RH

Reaction score
try doing 2 or 3 to being with. all the way up. hold. down. then once you can do them. add say 2 more on so your doing 5. Also build up your tricep muscle because that the main muscle used for pulling your self up using overhand grasp