press ups

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hi guys

just a little question about the trainin tool on the RM website, on the exercises it shows three ways do doin press ups (wide arm, close arm an normal) but on the picture showing the muscles worked all work the same muscles except on normal 1 witch does tricepts as well but my question is should i be doin all three ways or just keep doin the normal ones (arms shoulder width apart, elbows tucked in)

help would be appreciated

Zefan

Reaction score
It's good to do all three as they do stress the muscle groups differently, however if you're getting ready for PRMC then I'd advise to just concentrate on the main ones.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with Zefan. Also I did this program http://www.100pushups.info/

Get your push ups upto 100 in a month. Trust me it works even in week 2 I was suprised how many I could do, I'd advise doing them as a seperate circuit before or after your usual gym circuits.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i had a go at that 100 press up program but i found i didn't really get me any better it only made my tired but i think i will start doin them all three ways see if it helps me do more press ups anyway thanks 4 the feedback

Laces

Reaction score
Bump!!
Im guessing you can adapt this programme to be used for sit ups and pull ups too right?
My program of upper body for the last week (Maybe 2,my memory....) has been:
Press-ups-1st set:20 2nd set:15 3rd set:10
Crunches-1st set :20 2nd set:15 3rd set:10
Pull-ups-1s set:4-5 2nd set:3-4 3rd set:usually my arms have given in so its 3-4 negative ones.

I go round each exercise after the other i.e. press up,sit ups then pull ups,with a 2 minute rest between sets.
Do I need to do anymore exercises with these?
I used to do the circuit plan off the training tool but stopped as I sprained my groin.
Opinions and advice welcome please.

Latest posts

New Threads