Press ups

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would like some advice on press ups because everytime i get to like 25 my face starts to burn and go red and its hard to carry on, everything else is fine in that aspect i can do around 11 pull ups and 70 sit ups just the press ups lacking.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not meaning to be a c*text deleted*t but there is a training forum and alot of threads about this, check out my Evil Russian Pushup program thread in the training forum or do a search. :bigsmile:

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
may sound silly, but are you breathing when *text deleted* doing pressups? *text deleted* sometimes id try and hold my breath and then my face feels like it swells like a beast *text deleted*

try and get in a breathing pattern, so maybe breathe out when u go up, in when u go down. or vice versa, it can help alot i find..

cant think of any other suggestions tho im afraid!, other than practice!

:cool:

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
As for breathing, make sure you are always breathing OUT when you are putting the effort in.

For push ups, breath OUT when you are pushing up, in when you're going down.

Same goes for pull ups.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not meaning to be a c*text deleted*t but there is a training forum and alot of threads about this, check out my Evil Russian Pushup program in the training forum or do a search. :bigsmile:
No offense taken matey

And thanks everyone :)

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As for breathing, make sure you are always breathing OUT when you are putting the effort in.

For push ups, breath OUT when you are pushing up, in when you're going down.

Same goes for pull ups.
I would hyperventilate if i did this?!

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Should have said. Not my advice, someone wanted me to post it after seeing many people pass out in the gym by not breathing properly.