Press Ups

ncfc_crazyuk

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
What is the best way of doing press ups, slowly over the 2 minutes, or bang out as many as possible as quick as poss n get stuck...

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Inbetween.. *text deleted*
A steady pace.. Otherwise ull get roasted in the later stage of the 2 mins for going slow after absolutely flawing it.. Keep a steady pace going throughout the 2 mins and ull have no problems.. I always have a metronome ticking through my head. keeps my rythym

S

Sotiris

Remember, you have 2 minutes to get as many pushups in as possible, ultimately reaching 60 in total.

I spend the first minute doing them as fast as possible. I set myself a goal for that first 60 seconds. Right now it's 40 push ups.

That means I have a whole 60 seconds to do another 20 pushups. Works like a charm.

You can always do other kinds of push up at whatever pace you like but as long as you're timing yourself you might as well aim to acheive your maximum.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeh i basically do the same as sortis. i do them really fast and get as many out the way as possible when im fresh. otherwise if i do them too slow my mucsles become tierd a lot quicker and then im nakered after about 30 press ups and cant carry on.

so i set a goal and when i reach that if i can carry on at the pace im at i will carry on. if not then i will slow down and have a steady pace.

smallzy

Reaction score
are you allowed to take breathers at the prmc?

what i mean is I can do about 45 non stop, but then I have to take like a 5 second break before I can bang out another 10, and so on. is this allowed?

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I just bang them out and then when it gets tiring, slow down(obviously)

For example, if you can't even hold the pushup position for 2 mins or are struggling, then you're not going to have much luck even spreading them out.