press ups!

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hi fellas!

i recently did the pre prmc at RMR Tyne and my press ups let me down quite a lot really (35). since then i physically haven't been able to do more that 15-20 press ups and it is starting to *text deleted* me off!!

my PRMC is in 9 weeks and not being able to improve my press ups really gets me down.

so does anyone have any ways that could help me like a training program or something to get the press ups improved?

Cheers
Chris

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
Evil Russian pressup routine mate, its helped me a hell of alot. Could only struggle to do 10 when i started doing training, i can do atleast 30 no problem now after trying it twice. Just type in evil russian in the search box and you'll find it.

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i looked at it but i don't really under stand it to be honest :unsure:
not sure how i'm supposed to do it

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
Quite easy really: if you did your test on the monday morning and got 10 pressups then every hour after you do 30% of 10 which is 3 pressups, then tuesday its 5 pressups every hour, wed 6 pressups every 45 mins, thursday 2 or 3 every hour and so on. Spose if you work in an office then it might be a bit or an arse, like on wednesday of week 2 (thats what i'm on tomorrow).

NELSON23

Reaction score
how u doin *text deleted*, heres a program i just started today, so i cant give u any feedbak soz. i done 10 sets of 20.

let me know what u think

So, I started experimenting mostly with younger people from 18-30 years of age with similar goals of increasing their pushups scores on the PFT. The program is a ten-day pushup plan that requires pushups daily, but still has some sound physiological rules that incorporate “some” rest but not much. Below is the program that has helped people go from 50 pushups to 80 pushups in two weeks.

On ODD days: do 200 pushups in as few sets as possible in addition to your regularly scheduled workout of cardio exercises. You can still do upper body workouts on these days if you are on a program already. This is a supplemental 200 pushups using maximum repetition sets (4 x 50, 8 x 25…your choice how you get to 200).

On EVEN days: do 200 pushups throughout the day. This can be little sets of ten done every half hour or fifty pushups done four times throughout the day.

RULE: If your maximum is under 50 pushups – do 200 a day. If your maximum is above 75, do 300 pushups a day.

Repeat the ODD / EVEN routine for a total of 10 days. Then take three days off and do NO upper body pushing exercises that work the chest, triceps, and shoulders. Then on day 14 – give yourself the pushup test (1or 2 minutes depending on your PFT). I would not recommend this workout more than once every six months, since it rather challenging on the same muscle groups repeatedly.

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
so you find your maximum amount you can do and find 30% and then do that total every hour. then the next day do 1 more but every 45 mins.
so every week your increasing by 5 press ups?
is that right?

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
so Monday Wednesday and Friday you do 200 press ups in 8 sets of 25.
Tuesday and Thursday you do 200 press ups but in sets of 10 with half hour break between them
this is for 2 weeks?

NELSON23

Reaction score
you do this workout for 10 days straight

ie mon/wed/fri/sun/tue/ you do 8x25
tue/thu/sat/mon/wed 10 reps every half hour

rest for 3 days

now see whaat your max is

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ok i'll give it a go!!

cheers for that *text deleted* :shakehands:

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'm doing this:http://hundredpushups.com/

Im going for twice a day for the three days of each set now though.
Started at low 30s amount, im due to take end of week 2 test today.

I did it on top of the recomended circuits on the RM website... (when physio allows me to do circuits again i can resume... :\)

Tonus959

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
hi fellas!

i recently did the pre prmc at RMR Tyne and my press ups let me down quite a lot really (35). since then i physically haven't been able to do more that 15-20 press ups and it is starting to *text deleted* me off!!

my PRMC is in 9 weeks and not being able to improve my press ups really gets me down.

so does anyone have any ways that could help me like a training program or something to get the press ups improved?

Cheers
Chris
When u get home from work, max out *text deleted* pressups then 2 mins rest then max then 2 mins rest and so on till *text deleted* KO'd do that every day. i guarantee u will notice a difference 2 weeks or so on ;)

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
do as many pushups as you physically can then get up do some pull-ups
then have a 1 n a half min break before proceeding with the before method..
do this untill you literally cannot push/pull your body weight at all and collapse into a heap of sweat..

then give yourself some water, go on a jog and repeat process..

cuttla times a night n then bravo :applaus:

thats what i do to improve any aspect of trainin..
just doesnt seem to be workin with the runnin *text deleted* tho :(