Press Up's

everton_fan

Reaction score
Hi all, my first post on here so sorry if this has already been discussed

Im in holdin troop in LivDet now an my selection weekend is this Friday, my training is going alright:

3 mile run: 16:08 (Best time) (16:48 Worst)
Bleep Test: 12.4
Sit Ups: 85+ in 2 mins
Pull Ups: 18

my only problem is press ups. Im *text deleted* to 40 an then its an like an epic to get to 60 im raisin my arse in the air at about 42 just to relieve the pressure, dont think ill be *text deleted* away with that this weekend. im 18 now an have done a lot of weight trainin the last 4 years but have reduced the weights on my chest drastically the last month an bin doin more press ups.

Is 40 *text deleted* be enough for a pass? cause i know a lot of poeple ive spoke to say they got to 60. Anyone had this problem before with the press ups an if so how did u overcome it?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
dunno bout PRMC etc (i would have thought you'd be ok given the rest of your 'scores') but the fact that all your other numbers are so high and your press ups are relatively low does suggest you need to balance your training a bit more...

everton_fan

Reaction score
alright pendo mate, there aint been anyone that young goin to holdin troop but theres only like 11 at most so id imagine theres *text deleted* be a load of people who aint been goin in on friday.

everton_fan

Reaction score
Yer there usually is some Thursday's mate but i dont think its on this thursday with selection at the weekend, holdin troop is on tonight mate 8pm.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
everton fan, thats some crazy fitness you have there. I think that you may pass with 40 or so pressups, seeing as your other qualities outweigh your weakness by quite a lot...

Basically, if you give the pressups everything you've got, un till the point where you are going to collapse and enter a fit and coma, you will probably pass. The PTIs are looking for effort more than physical stamina, if you've got the right mind, your on the right track. If you've got the right fitness, then even better, but thats not as important.

RC

Reaction score
3 mile run: 16:08 (Best time) (16:48 Worst)
Bleep Test: 12.4
Comparing your 3 mile time to your bleep test it looks as if you MAY have measured something incorrectly. For a 3 mile time of 16:08, which is absolutely ace, you would be expected to get at the very least level 15 (possibly a lot higher) on the bleep test.

How did you measure your 3 mile route ?

Rich.

gleneagles

Reaction score
everton fan wots your real name? its glen from liv det. yer lads, good luck to whoever is goin on friday :D should be good. don't worry bwt the pressups lad. just smash em out till your arms pack in. i'm sure i cant do 60, but with the pressure and adrenaline from bein watched an the competition im sure you will squeeze out another good few. lookin at the run time im guessin this is either matt or chris! ha.

everton_fan

Reaction score
alright Glen mate its mike *text deleted* yer the 3 miler is my secret weapon mate its all av bin doin the last month an obviously tryin to crack the press ups,

An RC I used map my run.com for the 3miler an its always definetly 20 meteres when i do the bleep test. Hopin on the day ill do better on it, no reason why not.

Distant.RM.Cooper

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Look mate you need to give 100% effort in PRMC thats what there looking for just make it more than 40 and 110% effort and you will pass. People on these forums have got like 46 pressups and they've passed.

everton_fan

Reaction score
yer i did pass and have just done my first field weekend so everything worked out.......