Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Previous Applicant looking for advice (Apologies if wrong thread)

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by HerdLiRo, Feb 6, 2019.

1. HerdLiRo

HerdLiRo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hi everyone new to this.

I'm looking for any help advice with my situation. I first applied to be in the Royal Marines (Full time) back in 2016 and passed my tests and interview in April of that same year. I then attended the medical in July 2016, I was deemed physically fit however due to taking antidepressants due to being depressed in December 2015 (Due to split with Son's Mum lot of drama) I was declared medically unfit and suspended on medical grounds for 2 years so until December 2017.

December 2017 rolled around I was ready to start and chase up where I left get the all clear and pass PJFT and so on .. However more issues personally got in the way and in November of 2018 I received a letter saying my application had been cancelled and not been given a reason this was after re-sending medical documents from the GP to say everything is fine no issues etc to go with what my careers advisor told me was for the new system. This took 6 months due to issues throughout 2018 and to receive a letter saying my application has been cancelled was not good to say the least.

I'm in a position where I would like to appeal this as there was no reason given, now I'm 25 but still wanting to give 100% for what I want to do with my life. I understand age wise I'll probably be a little older than some of the others as well but can't be certain.

Anyway any help would be great on how I would go about appealing this and resuming my application from where it was stopped?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Polo

Polo Member

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Sorry to hear of the circumstances. One bit seems a little unclear...

What happened between December 2017 and November 2018? Were you undergoing further treatment & did you maintain communications with your AFCO throughout?

If you were fully fit medically and deferred applying then it's usual to withdraw an application until ready to proceed, it's just a click of a computer mouse. It saves the AFCO bugging you to move the application forward.

If there were further medical issues of the same ilk, then there's likely to be significant delays with regard future medical suitability, unfortunately.

The issue with recommencing an application before ready to progress is the AFCO will need to move it forward. If they cannot, then it makes no sense to keep the application active.

If you are genuinely 100% ready to move forward with your application with zero medical issues since the original problem and are fully PJFT/PRMC fit, just pop into your AFCO for a face to face chat.

Good luck.

4. HerdLiRo

HerdLiRo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thank you for the reply!

I wasn't undergoing any treatment I didn't need any (dr's declared me mentally fit). Yeah I did maintain communications but they had to request medical records again (record was archived I believe) so essentially was in the process of arranging a second medical .. instead 2 months later I get a letter withdrawing my application with no explanation.

I'm a little confused by it because I always kept my advisor in the loop of what was happening personally with me and my own situation.

Thank you for the advice, would I need to appeal the descison before going in for a face to face? I'm hoping I can resume my application.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Was the letter off your careers adviser or the Medical organisation?

If it was your careers adviser, give 'em a ring or pop in to chat about it.

If it was the medical organisation, just write back and politely request advice on how best to meet the standard for entry. Not sure why it would take two months to arrange a medical...was there outstanding actions required? (Med Questionnaire, eyetest, etc?).

Originally, if they stated you need to be "x months" clear of a condition then at the end of that period, upon re-applying they will need to write to the GP to confirm all is as claimed. If the GP doesn't respond within a given period after a couple of attempts to obtain the info required, the contracted company will ditch the application as "unproductive" - possibly this is what may have happened.

6. HerdLiRo

HerdLiRo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    It was of my careers advisor. Thanks for the great advice I'll follow through with this if I come unstuck I'll probably be back .. appreciate this!

P.s sorry about the late reply.

• Like Like x 1