Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Previous foreign Military Service

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Joeysquinson, May 10, 2020.

1. Joeysquinson

Joeysquinson New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    What proof is required that you have completed your military service? Would this satisfy?

Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. diggernet

diggernet Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Gday mate,
    I have just been through the recruitment process and due to start training later this year. You don’t need proof of previous service, I asked at several stages and no one cared. If you have already discharged from adf and you have misplaced all your paperwork/Certs/awards you can go
    Defence.gov.au/records

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It's an interesting one.

Former service should be declared on the online application in case there's a recall liability, medical or disciplinary issues. Normally copies of discharge documentation is required - possibly with the likes of Aus/NZ & Canada there's a reciprocal security arrangement which permits cross checking, but I've not heard of it previously.

I've known of people applying who are "on the trot" from national service or ongoing commitments in other services.

4. diggernet

diggernet Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I can’t remember the online app but I’m sure I would have disclosed it. What I meant was no one asked about it in detail or wanted proof of any kind.
    As for cross checking hopefully you guys read that outstanding awol charge as ‘after women or liquor’

• Like Like x 1