Previous injury- now going rmr

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by TheBreak, Dec 30, 2018.

1. TheBreak

TheBreak New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi all

To give a little context to my post: I started regular training back in 2014 but was medically discharged due to an injury I picked up at PRMC (I should have waiting longer between) and was told to go home, rest and reapply in 6months. I did this but was met with a PMU letter. I know these can be appealed but life got in the way and I started working as a civil servant. Long story short my partner and I are now expecting our first child but I have some unfinished business and want to get my green lid.

I feel the rmr is now my option, giving me the marine aspect of life whilst maintaining my work and some family time!

My question is, will the injury now cause issues in applying. The injury was a groin strain that has been healed long since leaving in 2014. Will I be expected to get scans etc to prove it’s fine? I don’t know how else I would prove it’s ok, apart from actually doing phys to prove it.

Thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I wouldn’t be so sure about “maintaining some family time” the commitment is huge. Most of your free time will be taken up, the majority of your weekends, and your job and family will be seen as a hinderence to the RMR.

Keep at it though, and keep us updated.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheBreak

TheBreak New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks for the comments guys, and for the advice. I’ll start a training log now and head to the GP when I start the application process.

In regards to family time, I suppose emphasis was on the ‘some’. Luckily both my partner and I are civil service, so working is flexible in the week allowing days off. I’ll just have to make the most of free time when/if I get it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1