PRMC 03/11/2015

LRL

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just been taken of this lads as apparently my medical has ran out gutted is an under statement hopefully get a date before the end of the year
Wow, surely they could of give you a months waiver. I would of thought the medical would of lasted for a certain amount of time i.e. 2years not a random amount of months, that sucks. More time to train i guess mate.

Bouncy99

Reaction score
P
Wow, surely they could of give you a months waiver. I would of thought the medical would of lasted for a certain amount of time i.e. 2years not a random amount of months, that sucks. More time to train i guess mate.
I know mate pretty pissed *text deleted* only positive is that like you said more time to train

Wingzero

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm on this one guys. This will be my second attempt so if u have any questions about PRMC I'll be happy to help!
What's the maths and English test consist of on PRMC? Any algebra division etc? Not phased, just need to refresh my memory and its more things to study alongside corp knowledge. As if my plate isn't already full with training and life stuff as well haha.

leemclaren123

Reaction score
What's the maths and English test consist of on PRMC? Any algebra division etc? Not phased, just need to refresh my memory and its more things to study alongside corp knowledge. As if my plate isn't already full with training and life stuff as well haha.
You don't do any English and maths tests on PRMC!

Bbqbible

Reaction score
I'm on this course, from my mock gym tests I've been getting the points equate to around 180-190 just wondering on thoughts of seeing about putting off for another month or so to train and get higher levels

leemclaren123

Reaction score
@leemclaren123 ah scrap that then. Though There's a maths, eng test during recruit training I believe.
i think so but not 100% sure. I think if you have proved you have GCSE grade C or above in english and maths I dont think you have to take them.
But again dont quote me on that!

Donatello

Reaction score
How's everyone's last week of training going? How many days rest are you taking and how hard are you training?

leemclaren123

Reaction score
How's everyone's last week of training going? How many days rest are you taking and how hard are you training?
Last heavy session last night. will start tapering down now with the running, doing more quality than quantity. Ill keep the press ups,sit ups and pull ups going hard until Saturday then give myself 3 days rest to recover.

I want to get on with it now and hopefully get it done and dusted!

biff_31

Reaction score
My last hard training day is Thursday! Really important to get your rest in on the last few days

Donatello

Reaction score
My last strength training day will be Saturday, doing some bodyweight circuits.
Friday will be a day one mock. And going for a nice easy jog on Sunday morning with a few mates to wind down and relax.

Stats at my last mock were 11.5 bleep test. 37 press ups. 72 sit ups and 7 pull ups. Didn't time a 1.5 mile but ran 3 in 19:53.
That was about 2 weeks ago so should be a bit of improvement on this Friday's attempt.

Wingzero

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
@leemclaren123 I haven't checked myself in ages, my prmc is the week after.
my PJFT return time was 9:30 last month so with two weeks left, confident I could get it down to 9 as 6 minute miles are a bit of a doddle now. comfortable.
in oct hadn't really been training hard before resumed my app so was constantly floating at 40 press ups, sit ups never tested as nothing to hold my feet down and injury pertaining, but always trained them without foot aid so was strong there. ppull ups floated at 12.
been doing eccentric pull ups lately which is way harder and max number dropped down to 6-7 after doing eccentric push up sets.

I'm confident for the first day but really need to practice a bleep test and see where I stand.
I was confident for the bleep as you say yours is 12.1 and running a 9 minute return but looking at @Donatello, if he can do a 3 miler under 20 minutes, curious how his bleep is 11.5, which is a bit worrying .

LRL

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
@leemclaren123 I haven't checked myself in ages, my prmc is the week after.
my PJFT return time was 9:30 last month so with two weeks left, confident I could get it down to 9 as 6 minute miles are a bit of a doddle now. comfortable.
in oct hadn't really been training hard before resumed my app so was constantly floating at 40 press ups, sit ups never tested as nothing to hold my feet down and injury pertaining, but always trained them without foot aid so was strong there. ppull ups floated at 12.
been doing eccentric pull ups lately which is way harder and max number dropped down to 6-7 after doing eccentric push up sets.

I'm confident for the first day but really need to practice a bleep test and see where I stand.
I was confident for the bleep as you say yours is 12.1 and running a 9 minute return but looking at @Donatello, if he can do a 3 miler under 20 minutes, curious how his bleep is 11.5, which is a bit worrying .
What I do for sit ups is use my Wardrobe as it has room for my feet to go under + I fold a towel up and put it between my feet and the wood to prevent it digging in. Works wounders.
If you can't use that do the same but with a set of draws or a sofa.

Wingzero

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
@LRL do'h!! I can be a right numbskull. when i did try to use assistance like those. there was a gap between my foot and the stopper which made me engage my back more than anything. felt wrong.