PRMC 11th July

sidthesloth

Reaction score
Max push ups, not 100% sure on sit ups but it's around 60-70, 14 pull ups. I was doing bodybuilding for 1 1/2 years which is where I got my strength from and before I got shin splints 4 weeks ago (I've recovered now and I'm back to running again) I could do a 9:30 return and 8 miles in an hour. I'm getting back into running again and I'm going to see a physio next week to see what intensity I can start at. I haven't tried the bleep test yet but will once I've seen a physio. What's your BFT and what level are you getting on the bleep test ?

miguelcoronel

Reaction score
Max push ups, not 100% sure on sit ups but it's around 60-70, 14 pull ups. I was doing bodybuilding for 1 1/2 years which is where I got my strength from and before I got shin splints 4 weeks ago (I've recovered now and I'm back to running again) I could do a 9:30 return and 8 miles in an hour. I'm getting back into running again and I'm going to see a physio next week to see what intensity I can start at. I haven't tried the bleep test yet but will once I've seen a physio. What's your BFT and what level are you getting on the bleep test ?
I was doing bodybuilding for 2 years as well but while I was doing that I didn't work on my cv. I'm like you with the running mate, 9:30 return. I can get a 10.8 on the bleep test. What's your bleep test like? What level are you getting?

sidthesloth

Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet but when I did it in college, I think it was 20 meters I got 10 something but that was ages ago so I couldn't tell you until I try it again. As soon as I've seen a physio next week I'll know when I can attempt it and I'll let you know what I get. The bleep test is a lot different compared to the BFT anyway and it requires a different type of fitness. Try getting the turning perfect as that will help aswell, because if it's done wrong it can be like your putting breaks down at every shuttle.

Last edited:

miguelcoronel

Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet but when I did it in college, I think it was 20 meters I got 10 something but that was ages ago so I couldn't tell you until I try it again. As soon as I've seen a physio next week I'll know when I can attempt it and I'll let you know what I get. The bleep test is a lot different compared to the BFT anyway and it requires a different type of fitness. Try getting the turning perfect as that will help aswell, because if it's done wrong it can be like your putting breaks down at every shuttle.
It is totally different. I've been doing interval sprints for it. What's your training for the prmc like?

Nickalaki

Reaction score
Quick question mate what has been the time gap from when you did your PJFT, I have my PJFT this Sunday the 11th June when would I be looking to be sitting my PRMC

sidthesloth

Reaction score
once your AFCO gets the letter to confirm that you passed the PJFT the PRMC can take as long as you want it to take. It's down to you and if you feel 100% ready to do the PRMC then it could possibly be 1 week if there's space.

Nickalaki

Reaction score
once your AFCO gets the letter to confirm that you passed the PJFT the PRMC can take as long as you want it to take. It's down to you and if you feel 100% ready to do the PRMC then it could possibly be 1 week if there's space.
Cheers mate!

char1607

Reaction score
I've just been booked onto this one lads, is there a group chat going?