Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC 11th June

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by cheesy7, May 7, 2019.

1. cheesy7

cheesy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi guys, has anyone else got this date?

2. Bigboots

Bigboots Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Yeah mate just got it today

3. LB98

LB98 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I’ve got this date aswell mate, looking forward to it

4. Bigboots

Bigboots Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Yeah I'm buzzing for it. Bricking it at the same time, where you travelling down there from

5. LB98

LB98 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    It’ll be from Sheffield I think mate, you?

6. LB98

LB98 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I had an RMAD today and scored 19/25 (no assault course so not /30), bombed the sit ups so if I can get those up a bit and more endurance in my legs for the 2 high intensity runs (bleep and return run) I’m the same day I’ll be in a very solid position, hoping for 21/22 points but obviously need to aim for 25/25 aha

7. cheesy7

cheesy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Great scores them mate. You should smash it!

8. Bigboots

Bigboots Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Aylesbury, just north of London. I did an rmad about a month ago it was pretty half arsed and chilled out the way it was run by the marines but still a good insight. I got 12 pull ups, 40 push ups and 85 sit ups, 11.7 on the bleep test. One guy tripped up and slid across the floor on his face *text deleted*. We didn't do the run but done a mock determination test which they said I done really well so I should be OK on the day

9. Bigboots

Bigboots Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Where are you coming from cheesy7?

10. cheesy7

cheesy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Manchester mate, looking forward to the prmc. Nervous but excited! I haven’t had the opportunity to do a rmad but I’m looking around 40 press-ups, 65 sit-ups and 8 pull ups.

11. Bigboots

Bigboots Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Sounds good enough. There's bound to be some lads that are proper machines there but as long as I ain't at the back and I pass I'll be chuffed. That's a long old train ride for you boys

12. cheesy7

cheesy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yeah mate! With your scores you boys should pass. Think it’s about 5ish hours when I looked on google. The travelling is the part I’m least looking forward to! Haha

13. LB98

LB98 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Yeah takes about 5 hours apparently from sheff

14. Bigboots

Bigboots Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    That's about the same as mine, 5 hours in a suit -banghead- hopefully we get a decent group. I don't *text deleted* be doing any of this extra phys I keep hearing about

15. LB98

LB98 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I was in the navy for 8 months a couple years ago, so I know how to carry myself where as others who’ve never been in an environment like it don’t, don’t fidget/scratch/talk when marching round camp and just listen and we should be fine aha

16. cheesy7

cheesy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I think no matter what, even if we do everything perfect, we’ll get extra phys! ahaha

17. Bigboots

Bigboots Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    What sort of plan you both been following?

18. cheesy7

cheesy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I haven’t been following a specific plan because I’m still in full time education plus have a part time job so it’s hard for me as I have very little spare time. But I’m doing 2 swims a week (around 50 length in a session) 1 short distance run with a pack of 10kg, to help build that extra strength in my legs, 1 long distance run usually around 10 miles but I’m dumbing it down these next few weeks to 7 to help prevent injury and I try hit the gym at least 3 times a week. And I everyday when I have time I’ll do a set of push-up, sit-ups and pull ups. Also I do a set of hill sprints a week. (I’ve just noticed how much I’ve wrote, sorry! Aha) wbu bigboots?

19. Bigboots

Bigboots Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I work 5 and a half days a week and got a 1 year old to look after, a house to maintain and a girlfriend to keep happy. Trust me I know what it's like to have no time haha. That sounds good though. I've been using the one the afco give you and just adding reps and distances to bits of it. *text deleted* I'm *text deleted* take it easy on the running for the next few weeks, still *text deleted* get them in but do a lot more crosstraining. Last thing I want is to get shin splints or something the week before

20. cheesy7

cheesy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yeah mate not ideal getting injured last minute and having to pull out or even worse getting injured on there and getting set back 3 months