Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC 11th June

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by cheesy7, May 7, 2019.

1. LB98

LB98 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I’ve been running 3/4 times a week, todays run was just a pace where I can’t hold a convo but could keep it going for a fair few miles, so ran for about 15 minutes to a hill about 100m long and steep, did 3 sprints up that and jogged back down between them (no rest between these) after the 3 hill sprints I ran at that pace for around 10 minutes, did around 5 minutes alternating between sprinting and jogging and then back to starting pace until I got home, just over 30 minutes today, followed by 1:00 minute wall sit, 50 squats, 1:30 wall sit, 50 squats, 1:30 wall sit, 50 squats (good burner) around 38 minutes total today

2. Bigboots

Bigboots Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Thats squat to wall sit sounds good I might throw that on the end of tomorrows workout. I did the rowing machine circuit from the handout plan today. Row 100m as fast as you can then straight off 15 pressups, straight back on 200m as fast as you can, 15 pressups, do that all the way to 500m and then back down with no rest. It only takes about 15 minutes but it's a rank 15 minutes!

3. Bigboots

Bigboots Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Only thing with hill sprints is I find it so easy to over do it with them then my legs feel *text deleted*ed for about 5 days after and it throws the rest of my training of course. I'm just hoping my other training will be enough for me to hack them at prmc

4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I'm no sports coaching guru but the good news is that if your legs feel like jelly after hill sprints you're probably doing it right. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. LB98

LB98 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    The wall sits and squats I do after every run just to try and build their endurance, things as simple as wall sits and planks can test and improve your mental capacity, definitely did with mine as on the day I first did the wall sit thing I couldn’t hold it for 45 seconds, did the squats, then same again couldn’t hold it for 45, did the squats and then on third set I just focused on breathing and just acknowledging that my legs hurt and got to a minute fairly easily so it does work, stinking after hill sprints though -vomit-

6. cheesy7

cheesy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I’ve just swam today and done a set of sit-ups, pull ups and press ups. Had an exam and work so slightly stretched for time haha. I’m going to do hill sprints tomorrow and do them squats afterwards. Great idea.

7. WannabeRidesAgain

WannabeRidesAgain New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Little late, but I got mine on the 11th too!

8. cheesy7

cheesy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    We’ve got a WhatsApp going mate, send me your number on private message mate!