Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC 12th-15th February

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by Thomo, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Thomo

Thomo New Member

Heard from my cousin that this weeks PRMC was a nightmare with lots of people failing? :eek:

Hopefully someone will post a diary so we can see were people are failing and make sure we are prepared enough.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Polo

Polo Member

Heard the same. They were telling people who failed to consider joining a public service college! It would be good to see a diary from someone who failed this prmc. Why are we not getting prmc results anymore @Ninja_Stoker? It all seems very odd since the last course showed a higher than average pass result.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  3. Steph

Steph New Member

I've heard nothing - how many failed?

4. Thomo

Thomo New Member

19 started, 6 passed :eek:

There were some deferred passes, but I don't know what they are or if they were included in the 6 that passed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aura

Aura New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    whoa...

• Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  6. angrydad

angrydad New Member

My stepson was on this course. The deferred passes seemed to be from people that go to some military college, strangely. Everyone else either made the grade or failed. Strange :confused:

7. blacky

blacky Royal Marines Commando

Interestingly the Lt Col of recruiting shared a tweet on Twitter recently publicising some of these military prep colleges.

Are they starting to push people that way?

Would possible recruits not be better to get an alternative education then pursue military options through training. If they fail then they have back up plans.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  8. Thomo

Thomo New Member

It is interesting to see that at a time when the Corps are struggling to recruit, they are suggesting people who are fit enough to pass pjft but fail prmc should consider going on a one or two year military prep course before retaking prmc. Is this a comercial venture? The MPCT organisation are already linked to the Army, maybe it is a way of getting young people to stay in education until 18?

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

MPCT is a commercial Company which works in the education sector (Registered Number 04376890) and is currently part funded by the European Social Fund.

They have a memorandum of understanding with Army Recruiting and are allocated Look at Life courses at CTC, along with other uniform and public service course training providers. I think many, if not all of their staff are former service personnel.

Those failing PRMC, so far as I'm aware, are not obligated to enrol on any educational course in this or any other college. Quite possibly other commercial training providers also give advice to those attending PRMC.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bootneck999

Bootneck999 PRMC Training Team

A deferred pass is simply for a candidate who has passed every aspect of the course apart from the swim. That individual is to then return at a later date and complete day one of the course again, including the swim. Before they can progress to main stream training.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. angrydad

angrydad New Member

Not from what I was told, people who go to this MPTC collage get them for failing other stuff besides swimming. Do other students get this, thats what I want to know?

12. Polo

Polo Member

Still don't understand why PRMC results are not published. Surely this is more useful to those wanting to join than going to college instead of joining. It's got to be because of brexit or because women are joining.

13. Bootneck999

14. Bootneck999

It's officially data protection.

They should never have been released to the outside world. You will obviously how many where on course to how many passed from lads that were on course. Nobody needs to know what candidates failed on. The course does not change from week to week so it is only the individuals amount of preparation that can fail them.

15. Polo

Polo Member

That's a sector I work in and can assure you it doesn't fall under DPA. It's been published for over ten years and it was when the forum was on the official website. The numerical data is useful for those training so they know common failings. If civilian colleges can see it, so can the public.

The government publishes similar (medical) numerical data about the numbers of UK service personnel suffering from mental health issues - broken down by service AND gender: https://www.gov.uk/government/stati...ealth-annual-statistics-financial-year-201718

A FOI request for PRMC results will prove my point.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  16. Bootneck999

The data now stays in house. That's the way it was sold to the lads. With all due respect, working in that sector you are undoubtedly the SME but it is the heiracy in the team that decide how the information is disseminated. I can assure you that even the AFCO's now only receive the information of their own candidates on course. This is the way things operate now. Nobody apart from the head shed see those figures in question.

17. Polo

Polo Member

Sorry, I was editing as you posted - see last two paragraphs. In short, it doesn't fall under DPA.

18. Bootneck999

As I mentioned your the SME. But as I am sure you understand if it comes from the very top then it's made to happen. Just letting you know how the land lies.

I don't understand why people need the stats?? The course never changes only the candidates. If they have failed to prep properly on CV they will fail the bleep or 3 miler.. If poor upper body then will fail pull ups. They know what's expected and should be able to hit those standards easily before they come on course. Turning up and failing at mid 9's on the bleep or not able to bang out 1 pull up is a waste of everyone's time and money. Not to mention very frustrating. Also seen far to often recently!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Polo

Polo Member

Agreed. If the stats were published, then people would know the areas this was happening. If this course had 19 people on it and only 6 passed, then it is out of the ordinary and some element clearly caused problems, but no-one knows what or why. The news blackout on females is understandable but if it is in the national press then the forum should be used as a force for good to help recruit.

The course does change and that is why people read the diaries so they can see what has changed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    But this complies with data protection?
    Screenshot_20190223_122759.jpg

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1