Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC 12th-15th February

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by Thomo, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Bootneck999

Bootneck999 PRMC Training Team

The course does not change. We run it. If you wish to argue that point than feel free. The standard of candidates on that course was below average. Hence the major losses. The only thing that has changed in the last year is if the RMFA is run in the morning of afternoon. We are here to help and put to bed any stupid rumours about the course.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  2. Bootneck999

We don't make the rules.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  3. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Good to see you here, all help and feedback is very useful.

Is the MPCT brief now a weekly thing?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bootneck999

Yes it is.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 2
  5. angrydad

angrydad New Member

This forum is amazing! Thank you for all the information. We now know that a public service collage gives a presentation every week at Lympstone. We also know that a female who served in Afghanistan with the RAF as an other rank, aged between 25 to 29 is about six times more likely to suffer mental health problems than a royal marine. It is a shame no one can tell us how many people pass prmc each week or what they fail on :(

Thank you anyway.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I don’t understand the issue with seeing how many people pass and on what they have failed ?

We all know what the course consists of so prepare for it correctly and you won’t need to worry about what anyone failed on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  7. Thomo

Thomo New Member

Was your second PRMC identical to your first PRMC and did people pretty much fail the same things?

8. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

As alluded to by @Polo there is a significant difference between information considered significantly privileged to be restricted and information restricted arbitrarily no matter how well meaning the intention.

The Freedom of Information Act (FOI) 2000 came into force in January 2005 and gives any person legal rights of access to information which is held by a public authority including the Ministry of Defence. The Ministry of Justice is responsible for freedom of information policy in the UK.

General guidance about making FoI applications here:

https://www.gov.uk/make-a-freedom-of-information-request

Anyone intending to make a FoI application should ensure that the parameters of the request are specific and very tightly framed to ensure that those responsible for delivering an answer can best do so.

• Winner Winner x 3
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  9. 802996075

802996075 New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Being the parent of a nod (he is in week 16), the PRMC results were not a mechanism to say that a specific item Gym tests, Bottom field, swimming etc need to be pushed more because there were more fails that week. They had two benefits when presented to my nod 1) you can and will fail if you don't put the effort in 2) the weekly cadence give them the urgency that the PRMC is real and they should be getting on through the application process as these PRMC dates have just passed them by. Quite personnel I agree to my nod, as he needed a bit of motivation at the time :(

I also think this Forum is mainly here to give help and advice to get through the application process and pass PRMC, therefore if we don't see the results of the process it feels that the forum is not highlighting the outcome of all the help and support, so not celebrating success (tree hugging term). I wonder if there is a half way house in that the Forum could be given just total passes for each PRMC, not knowing what the intake was, the failures or the type of passes ? But that might just drive frustration with the folk who want to see the detail.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  10. Bootneck999

Your half way house I should imagine is the lads putting it in their diaries of PRMC, how many started to how many finished.

• Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  11. Thomo

Thomo New Member

People don't seem to be posting diaries now that the results have stopped unfortunately, there seems to be less activity on the forum in general. It is surprising how one person passing PRMC and the information clampdown seems to affect everything. Are people on PRMC being told not to post stuff online?

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  12. Bootneck999

No.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I don't think there is a link. PRMC diaries on the forum fluctuate. Anyone attending a PRMC is most welcome to write up their experience. Some of the most informative diaries have been written by candidates who failed their PRMC. It takes some courage to publicly admit one's failings.

It's not only procedural detail of PRMC that can inform others. Some candidates have described nightmare rail journeys with multiple platform changes and in one case boarding the wrong train altogether! Seemingly irrelevant but it emphasises the importance of research, planning and attention to detail.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thomo

Thomo New Member

It would be good to see some diaries if we don't know the areas people a failing in anymore.

15. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    As someone who failed my first PRMC, despite being able to see the weekly results; the only parts of a PRMC that I found really changed were just if the course earns any extra phys or extra minutes on the bottom field. My first PRMC had the run in the morning and my second in the new format (which in my view is a lot easier).

I can hand on heart say all you need to do, and anyone needs to do, is look at what tests are conducted, train until they can get atleast 4 or 5 points in them, turn up rested and ready to go, then put the effort in. I failed due to a failure to prepare properly, by 1 or 2 points, despite being not fit enough you can just griz out the tests and the other aspects. Having then gone into recruit training, I realised how stupid it is to not get fit enough to ace the PRMC - the standard to get an A is very attainable, and makes a real difference.

When I rejoin in a few years (medical discharge), I know I won't even be applying until I can confidently pass the course.

PRMC diaries are interesting, and useful for misc things mentioned above, you simply don't need them in order to pass. Its really easy to get too hooked on reading into the whole process and I'm guilty of this myself.

• Like Like x 2
  16. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    PRMC diary’s and Results posts won’t be affecting forum activity at all. Like anything things fluctuate, it just happens to be that today there’s not a massive amount of activity compared to a few years back. There’s a lot of factors behind it but the main one for sure is that not as many people are applying clearly. As for PRMC changes there hasn’t really been that many over the past few years, and when there has been they were minor. So in my opinion as someone applying soon it doesn’t affect anything at all, do you’re research on previous posts and on the RM page and aim to max out all standards if you want to guarantee a pass.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  17. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    In the last few years, minor changes included
    • The BFT pass/fail was increased by 45 secs.
    • BFT and RMFA sequence changed
    • Pull ups, press ups, sit ups done to bleep.
    • The VO2 pass mark was reduced from 11.2 to 10.5
    • The pull up max score was increased from 8 to 16
    • Gym Test 2 was removed and replaced by the Endurance Course.
    • The pass or fail, 4 mile hare & hounds run-back was removed.
    • The Death Slide was removed.
    • Overnight field exercise and weapons strip introduced, then removed.
    • The Tarzan cargo net punch through was put in/taken out.
    • The swim assessment was changed to include the brick retrieval.
    • Deferred pass for weak swimmers introduced.
    • High Ropes/High obstacle taken out
    • Assault course was removed, then re-instigated.
    But as long as you prepare and are fit and expect the unexpected you should pass. A few former Nods, trying to re-join, have been caught out by the unexpected bits.

18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Reminds me of the immortal line in a movie: "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

And the follow up line: "Yeah, but apart from all of that, what have the Romans ever done for us?"

• Like Like x 1
  20. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

Them changes are balanced though, some things were made harder, others easier.
    When it comes to the day of the AC and EC it’s just about completing everything that’s put in front of you, regardless if things have been altered. If you’ve trained hard and you’ve got that mindset you should be able to finish the course. You can’t always expect to know every detail, unexpected things happen to test you. In a war zone you’re not going to know everything, yes you’ll be a fully trained RMC but it’s the mindset that keeps you ticking and always on the ball ready to overcome anything unexpected. That’s just my view anyway.

• Like Like x 1