Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC 12th-15th February

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by Thomo, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

A happy medium perhaps exists somewhere between what are known as 'the six Ps' and understanding dislocation of expectation. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    We don't seem to have had ANY feedback from the PRMCs recently. Something has obviously changed.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. 2chrome2

2chrome2 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I was on prmc 2 weeks ago what did you want to know?

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  4. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Nice one.

How many were on course, how many passed and what areas were most people failing at?

What was easier than expected, what was harder?

Do you know how many are on the average course and what the pass average is currently?

Was the BFT in the morning or afternoon of day one? Did you do the high ropes and obstacles? What parts of the Tarzan course did you do?

Any other things changed from previous diaries?

Cheers again.

5. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Late to the party but I jumped on this on another thread.
    I hope they aren’t pushing these military colleges.

It’s manipulative and out of order to suggest it to candidates that will be feeling vulnerable and have a huge confidence knock. And it costs money too, which some families might not be able to afford but feel obliged to do so. With absolute zero chance of passing.

Candidates would be far better seeking proper further education. Not a Mickey Mouse course designed to prey on people that don’t know any better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    So is the presentation promoting a private, expensive college still be given to candidates that fail?

I wonder which officers are profiting off that.

7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    It’s a political kneejerk to the response of females on the course.

Knowledge is power, damage control, manipulation of results, it’s politics.....

• Like Like x 2
  8. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I believe so. The concept makes me uneasy. But in fairness @Bootneck999 has to toe the party line whether he agrees with it or not.

Meanwhile, I reserve my civilian right to gob off about the topic and the head-shed can just suck it up. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  9. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Not really, the chain of command should have stepped up to this, and it could be viewed as a conflict of interest.

But obviously some caviar munching desk jockey orifice is profiting off it.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  10. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Can anyone cite an example of that happening, ever, since Agincourt in 1415? :)
    Government agencies of all flavours—not only Defence—have always been sad suckers for slickly marketed, flagged-out civilian-make-a-buck quick fixes rather than addressing fundamental issues.

The military college thing (can't recall its actual name) might work for some. But arguably so does this forum for others. A fair argument for an equal platform perhaps?

11. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    They don't really bring anything extra that you need to be successful in PRMC/RT. The single biggest advantage probably is getting to do phys directed by former RMs and other branches - but if you lack the self-motivation to train to that standard without someone giving you verbal encouragement, then you're not going to keep your head above the water in RT.

I'm glad I went to an actual college and received a decent academic qualification rather than going to a military prep college and learning how to do drill and march around with airsoft L85s - you get to learn all that when you show up to CTC. Especially now as I was medically discharged due to a service-onset condition, if I had nothing to fall back on I'd be well and truly in *text deleted* creek.

12. EnteKaiser

EnteKaiser New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I was on this one (5th of march), strangely they gave us the prep college talk on the last day when it was quite obvious we had passed, having been issued boots. Unsurprisingly there wasn't much interest.

23 started, with 12 passing. 2 As, at least one B (not 100% sure), and the rest Cs. To the best of my memory, we lost eight on day one, one failed the bleep test, one was removed during extra phys in the gym, one failed the swimming (this was his third PRMC and he had passed it before...). Two had no chance of attain enough points. The rest withdrew themselves.
    On day two we lost one after the assault course, one during the determination test and one on the endurance course.

The BFT was in the afternoon and very wet. We did the High Obs on day two and no parts of the Tarzan course.

I wouldn't say the course was easier than expected (it certainly wasn't easy), however, I wasn't expecting to pass. I certainly surprised myself by getting a B when I wasn't expecting to make it past the first day.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

With respect, I think that's a somewhat harsh generalisation. Military/Public Service College isn't a sub-standard option by any means.
    Arguably the issue is perhaps about CTCRM endorsing a Further Education option without giving candidates a broader vision of choice. But that's just my personal opinion.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  14. 2chrome2

2chrome2 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

We had 23 with 12 passing we had one BFT fail, one swim test, one bleep test, a couple on low points and 2 dropouts on endurance course and a few withdrawals due to own circumstances

For me the determination test was the hardest aspect and did require mostly all cardio so get the miles in when training, endurance course wasn’t too bad was a bit of fun near the end and knowing it’s the last thing makes it better

Seems to be 20-30 from other prmcs I’ve spoken to not sure the pass mark but I reckon 50%

3 miler we did in the afternoon maube 3 hours after the gym tests with a thorough warm up the run out was fine though we did high ropes on the bottom field and didn’t do the Tarzan

Not sure on other changes

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. 2chrome2

2chrome2 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Because the wait times from Pjft to prmc is now so little people are trying to get onto prmcs too early without adequate training which results in a fail, take your time don’t rush into it, train hard and then pass first time, there’s nothing worse then rushing failing and having to wait a further couple of months due to poor preps

• Like Like x 2
  16. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Great feedback, thank you

17. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Am I wrong in thinking it’s Strange to me how it all changed, without a diary to provide to new recruits it takes away the authenticity of what to expect. The forum is at its best when aspiring young lads can see what is in store and better prepare. I did for my prmc 4 years ago I couldn’t describe how invaluable it was.

I understand with females being under way in prmcs CTC would not want any sort of unwanted attention from the media viewing what a single potential recruit had recalled on the day that female undertook on the day. Of course not all can crack what is expected of them but that’s the price of admission and if you can’t make that it’s no ones fault.

I believe that the diaries in a few years will return. I hope no one bites my head off but it’s quite concerning.

18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I fully concur, it's rubbish that PRMC results are not published but I don't think PRMC Diaries are barred - unless anyone knows different.

The PRMC results incidentally, were deemed a breach of data protection - time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    I am glad you do, it seems the air is quite thick and recruits may feel they are not to publish or are being encouraged to withhold tongues I understand why numbers can be published and that’s ok but diaries should be it gives beautiful insight, I will post my own when I get the chance when I conduct my PRMC unless explicitly told not to do so by the staff.

• Like Like x 1
  20. angrydad

angrydad New Member

@Bootneck999 do recruits from MPCT have a choice about having their details published on social media?

I see the Royal Marines are doing their advertising for them and there is a suggestion that everyone from a MPTC will pass out successfully. Is there any data to back this up?

Screenshot_20190407_090705.jpg

• Like Like x 1