Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC 15 weeks out

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Sniper11!, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Sniper11!

Sniper11! Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    My PRMC is roughly 15 weeks out and I'm interested to see on average how much progress people have managed to make in this time. My stats as of today are as follows:

Bleep: 11.1
    Press up: 48
    Sit up: 50
    Pull up: 7
    2.4km out: 12:00
    2.4km BE: 09:35

My aim is to max out the gym tests (obviously), get close to 13 on the bleep and under 9 for my 2.4km return. For a bit of context I'm 31 and around 89kg.

Thanks in advance for any replies

• Like Like x 2
  2. Reload

Reload New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    My First ever stats just about 4 months ago were as follows;
    Push ups: 15
    Sit ups: 18
    Pull ups: 2
    3 Mile Run: 30 minutes

Current stats
    Push ups: 55
    Sit ups:70
    Pull ups: 12
    3 mile run: 24:00

Also Lost about 75 pounds over the last 11 months.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    @Sniper11!

In 15 weeks, if you do the right training, you could get sub 8:15 mate!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sniper11!

Sniper11! Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    That's the kind of positivity I like! Ha. I'll aim for sub 9 and once I get there I'll re-assess.

To give a bit more back story I'm in the last week of a 10 week program, before which my stats were:

Bleep: 9.4
    Press ups: 37
    Sit ups: 32
    Pull ups: 4
    2.4km BE: 10.37

Heading In the right direction, however loads of hard work to do. I'm also aware that there are no guarantees ill make the same types of gains over the next 10 weeks, although that will be something I strive for.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Harry McRunFast

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    @Sniper11!

Yeah no worries mate. It really depends on how you train, and also your training age. The newer you are to a given type of training, the quicker you will make progress. Generally the first year of any given training progression will see the biggest gains, after that it’s far more incremental!

What’s your running programme like? Weekly mileage? How do you break down your miles?

6. Johnwayne

Johnwayne Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    @Sniper11! great improvement mate. If you don’t mind me asking, what program did you use?

I’m still waiting for my face to face medical which is this coming Wednesday, but my stats a few weeks ago are similar to yours prior to starting your program.
    I’ve just started using Arny’s plan this week.

Keep up the solid work!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sniper11!

Sniper11! Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Weekly mileage hovers between 20-25. I usually do the BFT and RMFA Monday, and then throughout the week a 5 mile, an 8 mile and an interval run of some description, whether that be hill Sprints or on the treadmill.

8. Sniper11!

Sniper11! Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks mate, appreciate it.

For my program I used arnys as a bit of a template and adjusted it to suit my level of fitness, swapped a few of the elements for things I've found successful in the past, and put slightly more emphasis on my weaker areas. I bought a 10kg weighted vest to kick my own *text deleted* in which seems to have helped. When I feel like I'm making solid progress I throw in a session that totally humbles me, and I train with a 19 year old racing snake that smashes me at anything cardio vascular which really helps me up my game.

9. Johnwayne

Johnwayne Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Sounds like we’re in the same boat. Also just got myself a 10kg vest. Keeps me down to earth, literally!

Do you spend much time on mobility and flexibility work? I’m also slightly older (28), and I find spending time on this really keeps the aches and niggles away

10. Sniper11!

Sniper11! Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yep, it's the only thing that feels different now than when I initially joined up at 21.

I stretch regularly, both after sessions and in the shower when I'm nice and warm. And make sure I warm up and cool down properly.

I've been meaning to go to yoga more regularly, that's been beneficial in the past after reading what David Goggins had to say about it. He was smashing out ultra endurance races in is late 40s.

11. Harry McRunFast

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Gosh, is this how I’ll feel in a few years? :D

12. Johnwayne

Johnwayne Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    @Harry McRunFast just might be;) that being said, I wish I paid more attention to mobility work in my early 20’s. Purely for the longevity of my joints. Fortunately it’s never too late to start!

@Sniper11! im a big David Goggins fan. He’s got me through many runs for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Harry McRunFast

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    @Johnwayne ha!

Well I’m mid 20s so time is running out ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sniper11!

Sniper11! Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Its more prevention is better than cure to be honest. Like I say I don't feel THAT different, but if I don't stretch I feel it the next day!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Harry McRunFast

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Haha I’m just messing chaps, I feel the same way. Love a good stretch!

Also, goggins is the man, incredible life story!

• Like Like x 1
  16. KingDom

KingDom Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Alright mate

I think my PRMC is about 15 weeks away too(23rd June)

I haven't tailored my training towards the PRMC yet as I've got a hectic football/exam schedule right now.
    I'm doing loads of high intensity cardio sessions + some weights (which I'm thinking of cutting out) combined with press ups pull ups sit ups etc. I think I'm going carry on like this for another month and then up my running and determination sessions. My stats are as follows:

Bleep ? Haven't done one yet
    Press Ups 42
    Sit ups Max
    Pull ups 12
    BFT 8:27 return

I'm hoping to improve on these scores, but want to bulk up a bit at the same time. For context I'm 15, 5'11 and 70kg

17. Sniper11!

Sniper11! Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Great stats mate, and taking this on at 15 is no mean feat either, fair play.

Looks like you've got the fitness side covered, make sure you work on the psychological aspect just as hard and I'm sure you'll hammer it

• Like Like x 1