PRMC 16-038 - results

Discussion in 'PRMC Itself - The Results, The Latest News' started by Ninja_Stoker, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

PRMC 16-038 (14 March - 17 March 2017)

Total Number (Booked On) 21

Pull-Ups Fail 2
    VO2 Fails 5
    Points Fail 1
    WAOR Bottom Field 2
    WBOC Bottom Field 1

Total fails 11

Pass rate 47.62

Grades
    The course achieved the following grades:
    1 Candidates achieved a grade A pass.
    3 Candidates achieved a grade B pass.
    6 Candidates achieved a grade C pass.

There were one candidate on a third and final attempt and he failed.

There were four candidateson their second attempt and one passed.

There was five candidate who scored lower than level 10.5 on VO2 Max Test who subsequently failed the course. The lowest VO2 score was 9.0 and the highest was 12.11

The next course loading stands at 35 candidates. This will be PRMC Course 16-040 (28-31 March 2017).

Staff Points

The standard of course this week has been below average and all candidates have been briefed accordingly. Candidates are again reminded that are required to be able to swim minimum of two lengths of a (33 mtr) swimming pool and be able to pick a brick up from the deep end of the pool. Non-swimmers are failing PRMC. A new PRMC DVD is in the pipeline.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hyperhippo

Hyperhippo Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Just out of interest, where it says third and final attempt, does this mean he'll have to wait X amount of months or years before trying again or does it mean that's the end of the road for him with the RM?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

It's usually a knock back for 3+ years. Technically it's a "don't bother" but it's accepted people may sometimes significantly buck their ideas up if they have a few years to dwell upon it - "case by case".

• Seen Seen x 1
  4. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I was the one who was WBOC on bottom field, after the first carry I was throwing up and could barely walk, but it only has made me want it more I will be upping my training so I can hopefully pass on my second attempt in 3 months time

• Like Like x 8
  5. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    The sergeant major told him that it was the end of the road however he could potentially join the army and then after a few years transfer over to the marines, which he seemed keen to do.

6. average123

average123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    How deep is the deep end of the pool?

7. FRMCCK

FRMCCK Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Just out of interest what training was you doing up until PRMC? I know alot of lads follow Arnys plan which i intend to do :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  8. Claretmac

Claretmac New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I just passed this, big thanks to arny and ninja, and to everyone else! Cheers!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  9. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    3.5 meters

• Like Like x 1
  10. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    i was doing arny's but changed when i had my pjft to basically constant 3 milers on the treadmill and then leading up to PRMC i focused on shorter tempo runs, i think my biggest downfall was not training legs enough, so make sure that you really train your legs because people do tend to not focus on legs because there isnt an actual test which involves leg strength. But you arent *text deleted* get through bottom field and the endurance course without good leg strength

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Nice one!! Congratulations ;)

12. FRMCCK

FRMCCK Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Oh right, yeah i got my PJFT coming up soon after the medical, Hate the tredmill haha! Okay so would you advise training legs alongside Arnys plan? Good luck wth your next attempt mate, defo sounds like the determination is there!

13. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    cheers pal, and yes you need to train legs, alot of the lads do sports and things which involve lots of leg training so there legs are already pretty strong but if that isnt the case its very important to train legs, especially them quads

14. DJM880

DJM880 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Arny's plan is spot on if you follow it properly. The hill sprints, longer runs and AMRAP sessions strengthen and build plenty of endurance in your legs. Nothing can really prepare you for Thursday. You just have to dig out and if you want it enough, you will pass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  15. FRMCCK

FRMCCK Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Alright cheers mate will do, i diddnt mean to dislike the other post! Corrected it now :) thanks mate

16. thundernerd

thundernerd Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks for the insight @MozzaLUFC . Quick one regarding legs, I do a lot of cycling in my training and in particular hill climbing to really work on the muscular endurance in the quads. I've seen a huge improvement as I failed my first PJFT for my quads dying on me but now am passing it every time and awaiting a retake. Is this the kind of quad work you talk about or do you think on reflection it would be appropriate to do leg weights as well?

17. Tad93

Tad93 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Does anyone know what the lad on his 3rd attempt failed on?

18. Claretmac

Claretmac New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Bottom field

19. Tad93

Tad93 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ah no way, thats gutting. I have my 3rd attempt coming up in around 6 weeks

20. aliB

aliB Active Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Make sure you show them and yourself how much you want it. If not its the raf regiment for you ;)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Like Like x 1