PRMC 17-017 - results

Discussion in 'PRMC Itself - The Results, The Latest News' started by Ninja_Stoker, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

PRMC 17-017 (5th – 8th September 2017)

Total Number (Booked On) 38
    Course ‘Fit’ Number 37
    No show 1
    WAOR Before course 3
    POINTS FAIL- 1
    WAOC – B/F 8
    WAOR – END 2

Total fails - 16
    Total Pass – 22
    Pass rate – 64.71%

Grades
    The course achieved the following grades:

6 Candidates achieved a grade A pass - well done
    13 Candidates achieved a grade B pass.
    2 Candidates achieved a grade C pass.

3 candidates were on 2nd attempt - of which 2 passed.
    1 candidate was on his 3rd attempt and failed.

The lowest VO2 score was 10.5 and the highest was 13.8

The next course loading is 43. This will be PRMC 17-018 (12th-15th September 2017).

Chief Instructors comments

There have been 3 candidates this week that have shown below standard swimming ability. All candidates must be able to swim prior to starting their PRMC and have confidence under water to fetch a brick from the bottom of the pool. The candidate that made it to the end of the course received a deferred pass and will need to return to PRMC to conduct day one again.

There have been three candidates this week that decided to withdraw themselves before actually starting the course. These candidates were given a Nil return after a debrief from the chief instructor.

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Well-Known Member

Presumably a statistical anomaly and not a regular occurrence?

3. comanlegend

comanlegend New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    What does nil return mean?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

I think so. Sometimes one or two may wrap but three is unusual.

Sometimes you'll see the lemming effect, aka safety in numbers, but most people arrive a little nervous wondering if they're doing the right thing. All that needs to happen upon arrival is they clock-sight of a mahoosive man-monster of a Royal snarling at them and they're off like a whippet out of the racing trap.

I always feared the Corporal we had in my AFCO was never let loose in a training team in CTC, as mentioned previously:

Maybe it's his new draft :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  5. Davs101

Davs101 Member

@Ninja_Stoker Any idea of the latest prmc passes? Also next prmc number of lads as I'm on that one tomorrow, be nice to get a heads up of how many there are.

6. Robins

Robins New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Aye I passed PRMC on the 15th, I know my troop would love to know their scores and the overall summary @Ninja_Stoker

7. stumpylegs

stumpylegs Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    41 lads where signed up for the 3rd of October prmc, 39 turned up, 21 passed

8. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

Ninja is out and about this week so doesnt have ready access to everything. He will no doubt pass everything on once he is back in the office.

9. aiker123

aiker123 New Member

reading the results and seeing that 8 people were withdrawn from bottom field? anyone that this course know why so many people were pulled off?

10. stumpylegs

stumpylegs Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Wasn't on this course but every prmc people get pulled off bottom field, we even had some get pulled off the endurance course, if you can't keep up with everyone else and they would have to wait 10 mins for you to catch up then most likely you're not up to the fitness standard, that's why they get pulled off.

Even if you passed all the points graded tests

11. Rob20

Rob20 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    We lost about 7/8 on my prmc on bottom field. Some wrapped, some were pulled off I think. You'll be surprised how early on people will wrap. I was.