Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC 17th June

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by Davs101, May 9, 2014.

1. Latham100

Latham100 New Member

What area you coming from pal? Are you happy with your fitness?

2. Ghost141

Ghost141 New Member

coming from Hemel. Happy as i can be with fitness, just hope luck will be on my side too! Yourself?

3. Latham100

Latham100 New Member

I'd like longer to train but I feel ready! Take it that it's your first PRMC?

4. Ghost141

Ghost141 New Member

Aha i just want to get there feels like a waiting game and its horrible! Yeah my first time heading to Lympstone. Your first aswell?

5. TheGunRock

TheGunRock New Member

I'm on this one too! The waiting is killing me, everyone seems to be in the same boat but nervous and excited at same time

6. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

All the best for your PRMC lads!

Don't forget to come back and let us know how you got on!!

Smash it!

7. Davs101

Davs101 Member

According to weather forecast, looks like thursday is *text deleted* be a scorcher, not good

8. Bb33n15432

Bb33n15432 Member

Good luck lads!!

9. Bb33n15432

Bb33n15432 Member

How did it go boys?

10. Living!

Living! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Hope it went well lads

11. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

From the Official RN Form -

This week the pass rate for the PRMC was 62%.

There were four candidates on their second attempt at the PRMC. Three of these lads achieved the required scores to pass highlighting the ability to progress on the PRMC after an initial set back. This shows a level of determination & drive required to be successful in recruit training.

A few notes to future attendees of the PRMC:

- All watches, wristbands & jewellery are prohibited on the PRMC. This is for your own safety while conducting physical activity & negotiating obstacles on the assault courses.

- All candidates are now required to bring a pen and notepad along with them to the course.

- I remind you all that you are required to have a clean, wet shave every morning on course with a manual razor opposed to an electric one. You are also required to arrive on course clean shaven.

This weeks course has re-affirmed the fact that if you score a BFT time above 10 minutes or a vo2 level below 11.0 then you are more likely to be unsuccessful. This is obviously due to the level of cardio vascular fitness.

After a slow start this week’s course again showed plenty of determination, courage & cheerfulness under adversity, which will hold them in good stead for their upcoming entry into Royal Marine recruit training.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Living!

Living! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Urghh can't wait to do my PRMC, 6 months to go :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hopeful2014

Hopeful2014 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    why so long mate?

14. Living!

Living! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Still in 6th form, going to try and finish my A levels :(

15. Dan843

Dan843 Member

23 guys at 37 guys passed, and proper happy to finally be home! Can't wait to train for recruit training now, was so good, was sucha good bond with all the lads, felt like we was there for 2 weeks, when it was only 3 days!! To be honest I got on so well with the lads I met better than my civi mates! Cannot wait to crack on with rt now :D

• Like Like x 8
  16. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

Well done @Dan843

How did the other forum guys get on!

17. Living!

Living! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Congratulations pal! Good luck in RT and don't get injured!

18. Dan843

Dan843 Member

Couple of lads passed who are on this forum but only know there first names.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dan843

Dan843 Member

Will do a prmc diary as all the other diarys has helped me a lot :) just *text deleted* wait for little bro to give me his laptop haha

• Like Like x 3
  20. Ghost141

Ghost141 New Member

I passed as well. Make sure on "Black Thursday" you keep up with the pack and don't quit. It's horrible but it's not impossible. Just suck it up keep moving on the spot if you're waiting and keep smiling it was the hardest but it was actually the best thing I've done ever. Day 1 work hard . Day 2 work as hard as you can even if you're f*text deleted**text deleted*d everyone else is too! Just be stubborn and don't quit keep up with the pack.