Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC 17th September

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by asdflkjh, Jul 17, 2019.

1. asdflkjh

asdflkjh New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    My AFCO gave me a ring yesterday to confirm PRMC dates. I booked it for a little later so I could get my stats up a bit more.

Anyone else on this one?

2. boarder34

boarder34 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I'm the week before you I think - How're your stats *text deleted*?

3. asdflkjh

asdflkjh New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ok nice.

Last time I measured...
    35 press ups
    8 pull ups
    85 sit ups
    Bleep test: 11.something
    1.5 mile return: 9:10 is my best so far, but if I do the bleep test before that it sits around 9:35

Press ups and pull ups are the ones needing the most focus. Aiming for 40+ press ups and 12+ pull ups by the time I head down. Might even get my 1.5 return under 9 minutes if I push it hard enough.

Hit a press up plateau a while back and have been driving myself crazy trying to get past it.

4. asdflkjh

asdflkjh New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    How are your stats looking?

5. boarder34

boarder34 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Nice one dude - by the time you get down there should be hitting your target :)

I'm not too happy with my upper body stats *text deleted* *text deleted*, they need work.

31 press ups
    6 pull ups
    57 sit ups
    Bleep test: 12.8 (i think from the last one i did)
    1.5 return is 8.31

Hoping to get better upper body stats in the next few weeks otherwise I might delay my PRMC.

6. asdflkjh

asdflkjh New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yeah spending the next 2 months smashing it.

Your cardio looks great. Pull ups I find increase well with consistency, so you should be good by the time you get there. I'm still looking for the magic press up increasing technique. I'll let you know when I find it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cheesy7

cheesy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I’ve got this date lads

8. asdflkjh

asdflkjh New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Cool man. How's your preparation been going?

9. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I’ll be trying to get on this one, got an rmad on the 8th of August so we’ll see how it goes

10. StrSam

StrSam Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Might be able to help lads, or atleast give you some ideas.
    On my prmc there was a guy who maxed out press ups with EASE. Afterwards, he said that every day for a few months, he was smashing out 300 press ups daily; obviously not all at once but with breaks and such throughout the day, but still absolute madness.
    He said find out how many you can do in a row until failure, and then take away 5 or 10 reps from that. That's your rep number (so mine was 20 reps to start with)
    Currently I've been doing 100 a day for the last few months, and my press ups have gone through the roof. As you boys are closer to prmc perhaps start on 200 a day but that's up to you.
    Add this to your routine for a few weeks, take a few days off and then re test your press ups? It's worked for me and some of the other boys and we all swear by it.

So just to reiterate:
    Max press ups, take away 5 or 10 reps to get your rep number. Do sets of this number until you reach your goal (100,150,200 etc)

Just food for thought!

• Like Like x 2
  11. asdflkjh

asdflkjh New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks man. Appreciate the advice. I was doing something similar to this for a while (just under a month) totalling between 100 & 200 a day, and in smaller sets than advised. I will definitely give this a go. Cheers :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. boarder34

boarder34 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Will also be giving this a go - cheers mate!

• Like Like x 1
  13. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Saw your PRMC diary mate and definitely think that’s some quality advice, I was doing around 100 a day before from gainers plus some other sets spread out through the day but upped it to 125 then 150 after seeing your diary.

Seeing small improvements every week mate, press ups are definitely one of my weaknesses so you’re a saint for posting that as I’ve tried a multitude of different training methods and haven’t really seen much success,

You got a start date yet by the way?

14. StrSam

StrSam Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Prmc diary was from another lad on my course, but I'll take it anyway! happy to help though. The press ups have helped me so much that I had to post it on here for someone else.
    At the moment I'm struggling with the good old shin splints, so as soon as I can run problem-free 3-4 times a week, I'll book it in! Me and two other boys (including the one that wrote the diary) are looking for the same date,
    All Constantly improving and more motivated than ever. How are you doing currently?

15. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Oh whoops, knew I should’ve double checked haha. Yeah shin splints are a bummer, they plagued me for a bit a good few months ago now, got my gait analysed and bought some decent trainers with inner soles (+ lots of foam rolling, stretching & ice packing as per @Johnny_Anonie & @Cheezy hammy eggy ‘s advice) and the pain disappeared after two weeks or so, were they brought on from overtraining before PRMC or the actual PRMC itself?
    That’s decent mate I’m jealous of ya I won’t lie, and yeah all’s well training wise other than press ups, got an RMAD on 8th August and then I’ll book a PRMC if all goes to plan.

16. StrSam

StrSam Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yeah I'm working with a physio and we are getting through it. Just about managing it and sorting out muscle imbalances!
    It had shin pain lightly for a bit before prmc so I took a big break beforehand, but during the 1.5 return they were super bad and my legs actually seized up so I couldnt walk properly for a few days. Was a mistake in my program as I didn't work on my muscular endurance for running so my fault. The bleep test, 3 miles and all of the sprinting about caused by the corporal, caught me and my fragile legs off guard.
    Don't be jealous of me or anyone mate, If we work hard enough then we will make it.
    How are your press ups going the past few days?

17. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Bet that’s costing you a mint haha, that sounds super bad to be fair. Especially if your legs started seizing up on the bft and you’ve got bottom field and endurance course the next day, so fair one to you for getting through that. Yeah mate press ups are definitely improving, started doing the bring sally up challenge with my press ups every other day or so to add some endurance in there, you should try it mate it seems like it’ll help in the long run

18. cheesy7

cheesy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    For the lads who’ve got this date, should we set up a WhatsApp group chat?

• Like Like x 1
  19. tedman

tedman New Member

I've got this date mate, would be interested in joining a group chat.

20. epicurean

epicurean New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi everyone,

Just reading through the posts to see if I can offer any advice to anyone in areas where they may be struggling but I am doing ok in.

My upper body has always been my strongest point, running has always been my weakest and has required the most training and determination to get on top of.

If you’re struggling with upper body and want to try and increase your stats in a few weeks then I would strongly suggest simply banging out as many as you can, when you can and where you can. Before I do anything in the gym or before I do any cardio I always do my press ups, sit ups and pull ups and I’ll also incorporate them into my workouts and during my time spent at home.

As someone else said on here if you’re maxing our at 35 press ups then take 10 off and do 3 sets of 25 good form press ups. Everyday add one more rep to each set for example;
    Monday - 25x25x25(1min rest between sets
    Tuesday - 26x25x25
    Wednesday - 26x26x25
    And so on and so on. At the end of every week test yourself to the beep and see how they’re increasing, it may seem like a slow increase but it really does work. I’ve tried and tested it and I max out on all upper body exercises now with plenty more in the tank. It can be applied to all upper body exercises if you need it.

With sit ups I literally just bang out 100 every morning and then 100 in the evening with other ab exercises thrown in as and when I can. pull ups is pretty much the same, 16 in the morning and 16 in the evening but I’ll also do different style pull ups and heavy lat pulls downs etc.

It’s just a case of gradually overloading and working the muscles that are actually required to do the job and getting them used to the movements you need them to make.

Remember it’s only your pull ups that are criteria and require a concrete minimum. As long as you can hit the minimum on the press ups and sit ups and offer as many more as you can then you’ll still get points.

If you only have a few weeks left until prmc then I’d say ditch everything except for what it is you need to do. Focus on your upper body stuff and your cardio, forget the weights and other stuff. I’ve got PRMC on 15th October and I’m placing a huge drive on body weight circuits now and as much running, cycling and swimming as I can. At 31 I need my ass to shine because I don’t want to do another PRMC.

Sorry to waffle

• Like Like x 4