PRMC 18-011 - results

Discussion in 'PRMC Itself - The Results, The Latest News' started by Ninja_Stoker, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

PRMC 18-011 (26-29 JUN 2018)

There were 21 candidates booked on course 18 arrived. 18 started the course with 5 failing.

Total fails – 5
    Total Pass – 13
    Pass rate – 72.2%

The course achieved the following grades:
    0 Candidates achieved a grade A pass.
    7 Candidates achieved a grade B pass.
    6 Candidates achieved a grade C pass.

Of the course, 0 were on their second attempt with 0 passing. The lowest VO2 score was 9.1 and the highest was 13.4

Next weeks course PRMC 18-012 has 37 candidates loaded onto it as of today.

Attached Files:

2. Buster

Buster New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Who on earth are these clowns who get booked onto a PRMC and do not turn up ? I have the impression there are some each week.
    What a waste of tax payer money

3. Ninja_Stoker

Possibly they have cancelled but CTC were not aware at the time.

If anyone Fails To Attend (FTA), CTC tell the relevant AFCO and they investigate. Fully agree that if they simply don't turn up, they should be named and shamed, but I think the Information Commissioner would probably have something to say on the issue.

The ones that drive many people nuts are those arriving with an injury or worse, those that travel all the way, then withdraw before the phys starts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Elvis

Elvis New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    9.1 bleep test! That's a walk in the park. Someone failed 3 pull ups... Wheres the preparation at.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Very often those achieving low VO2 results will claim injury or that the floor was slippy (when conducted indoors). For pull-ups, the standard fail reason is "the beam was sweaty".

6. Catfish

Catfish New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Would the bft fail be for being over 11:15 or does withdrawing at that stage also count as a bft fail? Surely no one can pass the pjft and get a time slower than 11:15 on a bft

7. ERFC

ERFC Royal Marines Commando

How can you fail the BFT it's been made even easier.... Geez. Also seems to be a trend of less Grade A passes then ever before and many more B + C passes as well as the pass rate being well into 70%. I'm guessing it's due to us being under manned and they're just trying to get as many people through as they can.

8. Ninja_Stoker

I think PRMC has always adjusted to accommodate requirement in relation to risk.

I was told by the current CTW staff that those with a grade B or C pass were statistically 10% more likely to pick up a training injury in the first ten weeks, as compared to those with a grade A pass.

The message we're trying to send out is the fitter you join, the better your chances of success in recruit training. The practice of lowering the tempo of physical training after a prmc pass, prior to entry will almost certainly bite a few people in the bum.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ERFC

ERFC Royal Marines Commando

That always blew my mind how lads could pass PRMC comfortably and then wrap on their phys on the lead up to RT. I gave myself a week off then I was straight back on it wanting to improve the areas I fell down on. I think some lads have the mindset “I’ve passed prmc now I’ve passed the major now I’ll just wrap”. I found the fitter you are the less you see yourself off. Everything in training has extra phys and it generally does pay to be a winner.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kangarooj

Kangarooj Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Well done on those passing
    As mentioned above it is a shame there are no A grade passes. Congrats non-the-less.
    What was the fastest BFT? And what was the reason for the BFT fail?

11. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

Really fast and not fast enough:D

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  12. Kangarooj

Kangarooj Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Ohhhhhh the joy.

13. Ninja_Stoker

If you are doing 7 minute miles outdoors over 3 to 5 mile distances, you'll do OK.

Eight minute miles, outdoors over 3 to 5 mile distances, you'll fail.

To give an idea, the average pedestrial can walk briskly on the flat and average 15 minute miles.

An average, unfit pensioner on a 1930's -style pushbike with under inflated tyres can easily average 6 minute miles. I do this regularly :)

14. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

That’s what sets you apart from “most lads”. That’s why you wear a green lid, and most lads don’t.

• Like Like x 1